Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 2004 mdx and the passenger door lock quit and I replaced the acutator and that fixed the issue for a few days. Then the door locks would not work with the remote but I could lock them with the switch but would have to manually lock the driver door. I changed the fuse which I had just done about a month ago and the remote now works the passenger door and the driver rear door but I still have to manually lock the driver door and the passenger rear door is locked and will not unlock with the remote, the switch or manually it wont budge. I would not think 3 actuators could go out at the same time but I guess it is possible. I had also looked up and seen that it could possibly be a multiplex integrated control unit. If it is the actuator any advice on how to get the rear passenger door panel off since the door will not unlock and I can not open it. Any input would be greatly appreciated so I could get this fixed for her. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Pax rear appears to be an actuator problem. Can the door be opened from inside? If not, removing door panel to access will be a problem. Removal requires an open door to release the latch assy from the door, extract and replace actuator.

You could have wiring faults in the driver's door jumper (door to body). The wire/s can fail due to frequent flexing as door is opened. You can access the door panel to check for signal leaving mux unit in door. Rear pax door panel must be removed to check for arrival of lock/unlock signals.

good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The back door will not open from the inside with the handle and the lock is stuck in the lock position. They told me at acura the lock may have to be busted in order to open the door. I ordered the parts at acura and they ordered them for the wrong year so I am still waiting on the wiring harness for the door. Trying to find someone that knows how to fix it without breaking anything is going to be the next task for me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would suspect you'll have to sacrifice the door panel to access door interior and defeat the lock. Check youtube video by briansmobile1. Similar approach may be successful, but will require persistence.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.