Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my X since Oct. 29, 2002, and I now have about 4200 miles on it, and just wanted to say...

1) NO PROBLEMS (I thought it was pinging at one point, but the "top-dog" MDX technician at my dealership took a ride with me. He was amazed that "just a customer" could hear it, but said I was actually hearing some engine valves, not pinging.)

2) For a 4400 lb. vehicle, the performance is incredible, including the improved handling (suspension).

I've read a few posts here talking about suggested improvements for the X, only to realize that some of them are included on the '03...

1) The seat heater buttons are illuminated.

2) The interior lights DO turn on when you press the Unlock botton on the key fob (I don't know if this is new for '03, but I remember someone suggesting it).

My suggestions for improvement (not many, and I know others have mentioned some of these)...

1) Steering wheel mounted controls should be illuminated.

2) You should be able to open the glass on the rear door separate from the door (like Explorers have had for years).

3) Bigger cup holders in front.

4) Wider tires.

That's it...these are my observations / opinions. Would I recommend this vehicle to someone else (or a best friend, in that case)? Abso-freakin'-lutely!

·
Registered
449 Posts
g_dog01 said:
Well, I've had my X since Oct. 29, 2002, and I now have about 4200 miles on it, and just wanted to say...

1) NO PROBLEMS (I thought it was pinging at one point, but the "top-dog" MDX technician at my dealership took a ride with me. He was amazed that "just a customer" could hear it, but said I was actually hearing some engine valves, not pinging.)

2) For a 4400 lb. vehicle, the performance is incredible, including the improved handling (suspension).

I've read a few posts here talking about suggested improvements for the X, only to realize that some of them are included on the '03...

1) The seat heater buttons are illuminated.

2) The interior lights DO turn on when you press the Unlock botton on the key fob (I don't know if this is new for '03, but I remember someone suggesting it).

My suggestions for improvement (not many, and I know others have mentioned some of these)...

1) Steering wheel mounted controls should be illuminated.

2) You should be able to open the glass on the rear door separate from the door (like Explorers have had for years).

3) Bigger cup holders in front.

4) Wider tires.

That's it...these are my observations / opinions. Would I recommend this vehicle to someone else (or a best friend, in that case)? Abso-freakin'-lutely!
The 2002 MDX also has lighted seat heater buttons. However, they don't show whether the seat setting is on high or low. Does the 2003 have this feature?
I definetly agree with you about the bigger cup holder up front. They look huge but they don't hold anything larger than a regualr water bottle or can, even a gatorade bottle won't fit in there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: Re: '03 w/ 4200 mi... A-OK!

kishino said:

The 2002 MDX also has lighted seat heater buttons. However, they don't show whether the seat setting is on high or low. Does the 2003 have this feature?
The '03 has the lighted bun warmer buttons too, but there is no differentiation as to whether you're on low or high.

As an aside, hubby just bought a new Focus SVT, and unlike the $35k plus MDX, the seat heater on the passenger seat also heats the lumbar area. Nice feature since the X only heats the bottom seat cushion on the passenger seat...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kishino:

On mine, the Low setting is closest to the seat and the High setting is towards the middle of the vehicle, no matter which seat you are in. The illuminated "seat heater logo" is in the middle of the button, and both the Low and High settings have separate orange lights. So, to answer your question, yes you can tell what setting it is on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Re: Re: '03 w/ 4200 mi... A-OK!

Liberty said:
As an aside, hubby just bought a new Focus SVT, and unlike the $35k plus MDX, the seat heater on the passenger seat also heats the lumbar area. Nice feature since the X only heats the bottom seat cushion on the passenger seat...
I believe that this is due to the airbag sensors that are located in the back of the X's passenger seat. Couldn't put both the sensor and the heater there. Life is full of trade-offs....:D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
g_dog01 said:
kishino:

On mine, the Low setting is closest to the seat and the High setting is towards the middle of the vehicle, no matter which seat you are in. The illuminated "seat heater logo" is in the middle of the button, and both the Low and High settings have separate orange lights. So, to answer your question, yes you can tell what setting it is on.
Why does everyone debate over the seat warmer buttons???? They are exactly the same on every model MDX 01..02..and 03. They illuminate in the same cheesy half-a$$ fashion. BTW q_dog..note that only YOU can tell what setting it is on. Put a stranger in the seat and have him work the buttons. It is just a poor design..no let me correct myself good design just that it could have been designed better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hockeyplayer:

Point well taken - I agree with you 100%

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just wanted to apologize for prior post if it came across as nasty. Had a rough day. All made brighter when I got in my X and turned on the seat warmer for the ride home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts