Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear this noise coming from behind the heater core/cabin filter in my 03 MDX.
I removed the cabin filter and blower fan and cleaned everything.
Even with the fan OFF the noise is there.
Are there any moving parts behind the heater core?
Any ideas what could be causing this noise?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Might be helpful to describe the noise - buy my guess would be one of the mode controllers (that redirect the air flow depending on the system settings) is running for some reason. You'll need to crawl around in your footwells and look / feel for what's active. Another good example of where a mechanic's stethoscope would be a handy tool.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear this noise coming from behind the heater core/cabin filter in my 03 MDX.
I removed the cabin filter and blower fan and cleaned everything.
Even with the fan OFF the noise is there.
Are there any moving parts behind the heater core?
Any ideas what could be causing this noise?
Thanks in advance!
I experience this as well in my 05. Its like there are Gremlins back there tapping on stuff, sort of sounds like a really bad blower motor bearing at a very low speed. But like you said it happens when everything is off too. Only when I shut the ignition off does it go away. I haven't looked into it yet. I thought maybe a relay or multiple relay's clicking but I'll have to get in there. I'll let u know what I find out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pretty sure habby nailed it here. Think about it, ignition off...goes away. It's electrical. Heat & A/C actuators usually make two loud clicks per second and sound like a tablespoon being tapped on your kitchen countertop. (Laminate, not granite. Simple folk here.) Best bet is to play with the heat. Go wild adjusting all the settings to see if it makes the noise stop, thus finding the source. Otherwise, if the noise is there constantly, just get the info together and start unplugging one actuator at a time. Start with the blend dude he gets used the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts