Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History: 2003 MDX Tech with Rear Entertainment System purchased from Auction with all books and records, including navigation serial numbers and codes ... Navigation worked perfectly, as did all climate control features ...

Variables: (Did these in the process of changing all engine and transmission mounts)

1. disconnected battery to pull front engine mount
2. accidentally disconnected big module cable under side engine mount thinking it was necessary
3. after finishing job, tried to start car with big cable to module disconnected
4. hooked module up, mdx started up

Issue:

after the vehicle started, i got a black navigation screen with a "Please check your disc" message... i don't have access to climate control features... a/c fan stuck on high speed

Additional Symptoms:

Clock works, radio works, rear view camera works .. rear entertainment system does NOT work ...

Tried the following:

A. checked ACC and Radio fuses under passenger side of hood and driver kick panel area... but did not check relays that may be bad (If any)
B. pulled DVD ROM unit and took it apart, thinking disc might have been stuck, it looks like there's no disc in there... the unit does sound like it's working

Question: How could it have been working without a Nav disc ... was the info uploaded into a hard drive? .. if so, can I do this through the OBD2 port via a laptop and the correct software application?

Any suggestions other than take it to the dealer would be appreciated ... :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
MDXes operated on navigation DVDs until 2010 when hard drives introduced. I have actually seen the exact same symptoms on another MDX from 2004 (not mine). In this case the drive had no power going to it so nothing ejected. But when i tried to put a disc into the drive it did not take as something was already in there. Even with no power, if the drive was empty i could still manually partial shove a disc in. And she got the same message you did. But all navis before 2010 required DVD discs in order to operate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts