Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone interested in 03 MDX group buy in Southern California? Please reply this post with your color and model preference if you are seriously interested. We'll elect a member (or if anyone with good negotiation skill would like to volunteer) to represent us to negotiate with dealers once we get a rough number of MDX's we need. Deadline to sign up is 1/19/03. You must be able to travel 100 miles south or north from LA to pick up your vehicle when the dealer is selected. If you are a dealer and interested in offering group buy in Southern CA please post your best deal here.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Gatebill:

___If you followed the other X Group Buy thread, Steve contacted Baranco before going very far. Thanks again Steve! When I first bumped and followed up on it myself, I checked their inventory and it was ~ 20 + X’s on the ground. That number is significantly less today and that is why the Group Buy from them will be ending very soon. In either case, if it were me, I would contact a few local Acura dealerships up front and ask if any are willing to offer a Group Buy deal before asking the membership for their color and trim of choice. If most of Southern Cal’s Acura dealerships inventory is 10 or less, they really have no incentive to offer such a deal given they are on an allotment like everyone else. I approached a dealership in the St. Louis area who had I believe 23 X’s on the ground before I saw what Baranco was willing to offer and received nothing but MSRP, MSRP, MSRP … Group Buy or not! In any case, get on the phone or start looking at those inventories from those dealerships that provide them. A dealer with 10 + on the ground would more than likely be willing to offer a Group Buy over the dealership with just 2 on the lot if you know what I mean. It is too bad there are not more Acura dealerships that have their inventory listed from the Acura website for an even better idea of availability and for a better idea as to what kind of demand there is in a geographic area :(

___Good Luck with the Group Buy in any case!

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts