Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so our '03 mdx now has the vsa and the triangle light on.i disconnected the battery for a few minutes aired up the tires and hooked the battery back up but the lights came back on.took the mdx for a spin and it feels and drives fine just the lights on driving me nuts.is there an easy fix for this or am i gonna have to take it to a shop and get it scanned?

thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the vsa and triangle exclamation light now come on intermittently.im still hunting this bug,any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the reply habby guy,ive got to buy a scanner,damned if i can find mine.would this be a good one to buy? Innova 3040c

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I don't have a strong opinion on that - I end up buying a vehicle-specific scanner for my cars these days (but never had one for my MDX - I just used HDS on a laptop, which is a wonderful system, though fiddly to install). It's great to have at least a generic scan tool, but you can go to an Autozone (or similar) and get the codes read.

The other (great) option if you don't mind a little set-up is the Torque Pro app, which installs on a phone and uses a bluetooth "dongle" to plug into your OBD port. It gives you a LOT of data, and reads / clears codes as well as any, and your total investment will be under $25. I set up a "custom dashboard" when I'm doing a road trip, monitoring all sorts of stuff the car doesn't have gauges for. IIRC it might only work on Droid phones though (there are similar options for other phones, but of course the Apple variant costs a lot more). ;-)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i borrowed my buds code reader and it showed an open or shorted front right speed sensor.which is weird because i just replaced that one last may.perhaps its not plugged in properly or it is defective,regardless i will look into it when we get some cooler weather.been way to hot to mess with stuff lately.thanks

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sounds like you've got the problem on the run at least - post back when you figure out what the problem is (could just be a bad aftermarket part - some of 'em are really trash).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts