Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the different between 02 and 03 MDX?
I understand that on the 03 will be 280-290 HP compare to 240hp on the 02. How about style, option ect...?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have read in several publications 3.8 liter engine next year. Salesmen seem to be saying "just a rumour". Of course they want to clear out all the 02's which should not be a problem...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Maybe backup camera accessory like the Pilot?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
We can probably include "best guess changes"

I would say odds of 3.8 are 70%

Odds of auto up/down windows 95%

Odds of backup camera 99%

Odds of side curtain air bags 60%

--Onstar 80%

--HIDs 45%

--40% (unless the address the sunroof/location issue)

--additional interior color 40%

·
Registered
114 Posts
2003 MDX

My dealer called me to say that they recently had a meeting with the regional rep from Acura. The report was a bit vague but the upshot is that there will be _significant_ changes for the 03 model, not just a minor refresh.

I dug for more info but he didn't have specifics. He did say that in his opinion, based on this, that I was smart to wait for an '03.

Well, we shall see. Anyone heard anything more specific than the rumours already floating about such as the engine, satelite radio, on-star, etc???

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer told me not to expect any more base model MDX versions in 2003. In an effort to further diffrentiate the MDX from the Pilot, the 2003 MDX will move further upscale, but likelly with only a modest price increase.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone has a time estimate for the debut of the '03s?

Around July-August perhaps?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Whew! I'm glad I got the Base model then :)

I've been told the new models have come out in late fall (my friend has an '01 that they got in Sept. of last year). But, this year may be different...

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK, I'm stupid.

What is a backup camera accessory?

Thanks,

rjmoose

·
Registered
31 Posts
When you shift into reverse, a small camera mounted on either the tailgate, bumper or below the bumper will display a image on the MDX's display screen of what is going on behind you. This is really useful and I hope it is fitted on the 2003 MDX.

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very interesting!!!!

Thank you

rjmoose

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
rjmoose said:
OK, I'm stupid.

What is a backup camera accessory?

Thanks,

rjmoose
Here are two pics of what it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Honda Pilot already has it as a factory accessory, somewhere around $600. May be available for the 2003 MDX. Current owners have to do an after-market install.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probable MDX Upgrades for MY 2003

3.8 liter V6 with probable i-VTEC outputting 280 hp (marketing dictates it cannot have more hp than the NSX) and around 245-270 lb. ft of torque.

Sportshift (extremely unlikely)

Minor exterior revamps (probably to taillights, front fascia)

Metal Acura Emblem on Steering Wheel

Revamped Clock-A/C-Compass interface (for non-nav models)

Probable integrated DVD/Nav System (play DVDs while Parked)

Rear Roof Spoiler

Stereo Upgraded?

On-Star with a free year of service

New Colors Available? (I would love to see Spa Yellow and Formula Red from the NSX and Suzuka Blue from the S2000 available for the 'X)

Possible Mugen edition?? (Wishful thinking on my part- go trolling for some ML AMG and X5 4.6 pinkslips :cool: )

Real Wood Trim and higher-grade leather on Touring (possibly changed to Type-S edition)

A friend of mine has recently told me that he saw an MDX driven with manufacturer plates around the Los Angeles area (We're not too far from Honda HQ in Torrance) with Honda badges and "H O N D A" on the rear liftgate handle, so next year, there is a possibility of seeing the 2003 MDX appear worldwide. MDX has been registered as a trademark of Honda Motor Australia and there have been rumors of the MDX being launched for the JDM market.

Maybe North America might receive MDX imports from Australia to help quell shortages? ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Anyone hear if Mahogany is coming back for '03, or any other new colors.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If the MDX is moving upscale, that would probably boost the trade-in/residual value of the '02, especially since the styling of the X is superior to the Pilot.

Glad I got the base . . . no envy for the touring.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Updates to MDX

I'm still hearing that the big changes are for 2004. I bet the information will be released in September like last year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts