Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 MDX's are up for clearance. Most dealers with moderate inventories (5+) are willing to give out $2000 discount if not less. They are still making more than $2500 with $2000 discount BTW.
http://www.dealernet.com will tell you who has most MDX's on their lot in your area and you can negotiate your price from there.

Now it seems like supply is higher and demand is lower. I'd expect to see discounts on 03 soon.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Interesting. Not to burst everyone's bubble but it's likely that the 02s are moving a little slow b/c people are waiting for the 03s and the significant improvements. As a result, I would expect pretty strong demand on 03s for at least six months. After that who knows?

·
Registered
3 Posts
...not quite yet in Atlanta

One dealer I talked to as recently as Friday (that has 21 2002's according the their website) quoted me $500 off MSRP and added that "he might be able to go as high as $1000 off." Another contacted me last week and said they had a "special allocation of 2002's" and would be willing to discount them $400 off MSRP. (both "deals" would also incur the ever-popular-in-Atlanta $298 dealer doc fee)

Seems like this much inventory with the 2003's on the way might command a deeper discount. I guess the economy is not as bad as the media is making it out to be if these dealers can sell all these 2002's at that price. I'll just keep waiting patiently.:)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
gatebill said:

Now it seems like supply is higher and demand is lower. I'd expect to see discounts on 03 soon.

Don't hold your breath waiting for discounts on the 2003. You will probably have to wait for the release of the 2004 model before this happens. That has been the history for the 2001/ 2002 and with Acura's limited production of the 2003 expect the same for now.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
$2,000 off an 02 is simply not worth it IMHO:

** The vehicle is 1 year old whether you like it or not. The difference in market value will likely be $3,000 - $4,000 (maybe more) in another year or two.

** The 03 has some really nice additions (hp, VSA, improved suspension, quieter, yada yada yada).

Now, if the dealers were selling at Invoice (not MSRP), then it might get interesting. But since they are not, why not buy an 03. In fact, I bet you could find some dealers willing to take slightly less than MSRP on an 03 if you were willing to look real hard!!

I betcha that the dealers selling 02s at close to MSRP laugh each time a new customer leaves the lot!!

America, what a land of opportunity!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Especially if you are leasing, the '02 doesnt make sense. The 5-7 points lower residual value, your lease payment would be the same, regardless of the sell price. And the '03 is sweet, I've been driving mine for 2 days now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It must be a function of the local market. I checked with 3 dealers withing a 100 mile radius of Charlotte before ordering mine, and all three were below MSRP on an '03 Sandstone Touring Nav. They were running about $500 below MSRP, which surpised the heck out of me. I was really expecting full MSRP based on the comments here.

I did a bit better than that, but the dealer said they wrote down the wrong price on the sales order (after I had already sold my trade to Car Max). They said their intent was to sell at full MSRP and include 2 years routine maintenance. They are standing behind their deal though. I will feel better when I actually have the X.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts