Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to this forum but hope to be a long time resident I’m needing help my MDX has 315000 mike and still runs sting as the day we got her never no problems well the other day code p1607 code came up which is Ecu/pcm but it still drives great I’ve reset it over and over for it just to come right back has anyone been through this and if so how did you fix this thank you all in advance !! Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
594 Posts
Only heard about the issue, that it could be micro cracks in some of the solder joints on the ECM pc board. Had similar issues on a Civic speedo and AC controller board. If you can access the solder joints, inspect them with a 10X lupe or magnifying goggles. The idea is to reflow the solder (if you find any cracked joints.) Be sure to use flux and a lower power (15-30W) on the soldering iron so you don't fry the component.

https://www.harborfreight.com/magnifier-head-strap-with-lights-38896.html

Probably worth inspecting first for cracks yourself but could also be a bad component and the shop referenced above could help. I used module repair pros in CA for a Mazda trans control module. You can google or try ebay.

Good luck!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have soldered a number of the ecm/pcm boards with great success! As mentioned inspect carefully and you will see the solder separation /cracks. Do not stick these boards in an oven in an attempt to reflow. Make sure you use "lots" of flux and you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts