Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning to All! New to the site, although I have been reading a lot and have found this site to be very helpful and insightful. Recently purchased a "new to us" 2010 Advance Package, so in preparation for gifting the 01 to my daughter, decided to due some much needed and overdue maintenance. After replacing the inner & outer tie rods noticed there was fluid in the boots on the rack and pinion, so purchased a reman unit and proceeded to replace the unit.

My question is how the h** do you get this unit out short of cutting the welded assembly above the rack??? I am a shade tree mechanic at best, replaced the control arms, struts, shocks, cv axles, water pump & timing belt, valve cover gaskets, etc, but this is killing me!!!

I have the unit loose, both lines off, outer tie rod ends disconnected, the wheel is locked, steering linkage marked and off, battery disconnected, subframe is off, did not remove J pipe, thought I would be able to get this off without removing it, tranny mounts are off, front and driver side mounts loose, I just cannot see how this thing comes out???

Have searched and searched, just cannot come up with anything on this topic, any and all replies would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its been a while since I've done one but I do believe you can drop the back of the cradle and get it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts