Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a kind of weird issue had me and my mechanic scratching our head lol. Started out earlier today left my truck running with ac on while got off at the corner store and when came back out noticed the temperature needle was all the way to the top, took me 10-15 mins inside. So then I drove a bit turned ac off then on and after driving a while it seemed to have cooled down, but then stopped to get food in the drive through and see it creeping back up so decide to turn the truck off and on in between stops in line. By the time I leave I notice it still over the half mark and drive it home and was still kind of high in temperature, but had my buddy come look at it and when testing out the fans noticed they were not turning on with the ac on then when clicked the ac bottom off they turned on a few times but after a while they weren’t turning on at all even when the truck starting to overheat they weren’t kicking on, the radiator had fluid not sure what’s the deal my buddy thinks something to do with the ac or electrical not letting them turn on? Any input would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
check the relays for the fans and the fuses for them too

Also check your car thermostat, it could be stuck shut and not allowing coolant to flow properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ended up changing thermostat and ended up still being a relay not letting the fan turn on but did turn on and off at times but issue has been resolved

1 - 3 of 3 Posts