Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX won’t start. And after a few tries the anti-theft system locks it down. Literally. I was locked inside! With the alarm going off.
AAA came because we thought it was the battery. Not the problem, the battery is okay. Last week the alternator was replaced and everything was fine. Then this happened. We finally got it started and I went straight home. Tried to start it this morning and it was a no go. I didn’t keep trying for fear of getting locked in again.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Start with your keyblade. That's where the immobilizer chip is stored. If you car does not start with one key, try another one. The problem might be in the immobilizer system, either in the key, or in the car itself.

A tow to the dealer should solve this quickly and efficiently.

·
Registered
694 Posts
What's the background on your 2008 MDX?
Any other work done, besides the alt?
How many previous owners?
How many miles were on it when you got it?
How many miles are on it now?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the background on your 2008 MDX?
Any other work done, besides the alt?
How many previous owners?
How many miles were on it when you got it?
How many miles are on it now?
2 previous owners, 118K miles when I bought it 2 years ago,157K miles now . Replaced fuse boxes that got ruined due to a leak near the tailgate . Other than that, just maintenance.
We got it to the shop on Monday and the battery was the problem. It only had 170 cold crank Amps. I didn’t think that was the issue because it never went totally dead. Glad it was an easy fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts