Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrading my ‘05 MDX tail lights to LED for safety/brightness, but getting the brake lamp indicator — so I bought load resistors.

There are 3 wires on each of the brake bulb harnesses (red, green and black)

Which 2 colors do I splice the load resistors to?

Thought I’d reach out here as there are four tail light bulbs in total I have to install load resistors to.

(Sorry if this has already been asked and solved, I couldn’t find it. Hoping someone here has experience wiring these to the tail lights!)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If the brake bulb has been replaced with a single dual-LED bulb (for running light and brake light) then you go from black to red, and from black to green.

Basically, you put the resistors across the bulb to simulate a "bulb-like current load" to the car (since the resistors draw the current that the old bulbs used to, adding to the tiny bit the new LED bulbs draw).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If the brake bulb has been replaced with a single dual-LED bulb (for running light and brake light) then you go from black to red, and from black to green.

Basically, you put the resistors across the bulb to simulate a "bulb-like current load" to the car (since the resistors draw the current that the old bulbs used to, adding to the tiny bit the new LED bulbs draw).

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the LEDs do go from “on” to “bright” when the brake is applied.

My load resistors have 2 wires, so I’m trying to interpret what you mean... which two wires do I connect this to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts