It's official, no redesign on 2020 MDX - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

It's official, no redesign on 2020 MDX

And probably no Type-S either...

Ah well...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything is possible with the right tools and motivation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

No duh... they released a limited edition MDX for the 2020 model year. Its a given. Probably in 2020 they will show us a refreshed model for the 2021 model year. If not 2021, then its 2022.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT SSM
2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT ABM
2017 Acura MDX Tech BCP
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Damm no updated NAV yet .

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Garage
They done it before, Acura might have a shorten 3rd Gen 2020 model year and release the 4th Gen MDX a little early like next spring. The 2021 4th Gen MDX would have an extra long model run of around +18 months.

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by datechboss101 View Post
No duh... they released a limited edition MDX for the 2020 model year. Its a given. Probably in 2020 they will show us a refreshed model for the 2021 model year. If not 2021, then its 2022.

When you say "refreshed", do you really mean that, or do you think there will be a completely "redesigned" 4th Gen. in either 2021 or 2022? Also, if I understood the video right, I'm kind of surprised Honda's new 10 speed transmission will not be available in the 2020 MDX. Not a whole lot to get excited about for the coming model year if you were thinking MDX. Maybe the 4th Gen, whenever it comes, will be *electrics*!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

this is why my 2017 will likely be my 5th and final MDX. I'll be looking to replace it in late 2020 and if there is no redesign / tech refresh then I'll be getting something else. Lincoln, Jaguar, Lexus, and GMC have all advanced their technology much more so than Acura (at least in the MDX).
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdxTimes4 View Post
this is why my 2017 will likely be my 5th and final MDX. I'll be looking to replace it in late 2020 and if there is no redesign / tech refresh then I'll be getting something else. Lincoln, Jaguar, Lexus, and GMC have all advanced their technology much more so than Acura (at least in the MDX).
The bad thing about Acura is they got caught following Honda with updates/tech compared to letting the latest/greatest tech trickle down to Honda after a few years. Only the MDX sport hybrid is the only offering different from Honda because of the powertrain; but, it still has the same basic interior layout as the 2014 MDX. I'm expecting the 4th Gen MDX to just be a larger looking 3rd Gen RDX with a 3rd row, power fold mirrors, optional captain's chairs, and V-6 engine (not sure NA or turbo-6).

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez View Post
When you say "refreshed", do you really mean that, or do you think there will be a completely "redesigned" 4th Gen. in either 2021 or 2022? Also, if I understood the video right, I'm kind of surprised Honda's new 10 speed transmission will not be available in the 2020 MDX. Not a whole lot to get excited about for the coming model year if you were thinking MDX. Maybe the 4th Gen, whenever it comes, will be *electrics*!
Give me a break lol i had a long day at work and used the incorrect term. I meant redesigned for probably 2021, since the 2017 was the refreshed, and 2022 will be an stretch of the current generation. Im hoping the new generation actually gives more comfort items too like the competition (massaging seats), and also the Type S.

2017 Acura MDX Tech BCP
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
If I churned through vehicles as quickly as you do I'd want to try different ones anyway. I can't even see switching out my 2014 for the 2019 yet (or apparently a 2020) because it'd feel like I was essentially in the same vehicle. When I'm looking for a new vehicle to replace the MDX I wouldn't do it before a 4th gen was available and even then I'd have to see what it's like and compare it to what else is available. The exception would be if mine was crashed or stolen, in which case I might be willing to replace it with the same gen MDX. If I wanted a new vehicle when the replacement is essentially what I already have I'd certainly tend to want to try something different. There are lots of similar vehicles available from many manufacturers.

My 2014 is still good for years to come though so I'm not ready for a 2020 model anyway.

Per what another poster noted above - the end of the 2nd gen was a short model year followed by an extra long model year for the start of the 3rd gen, 2014 model year, (my 2014 was built June 2013) so Acura may do that again for the intro of the 4th gen.

I hope the 4th gen will be even more appealing than the 3rd gen, which I obviously liked enough to buy, but we won't know how it appeals to each of us until it's out. There are some posters here who like the 2nd gen better than the 3rd gen so newer isn't always better - but the older keeps getting older so at some point one needs to decide whether to continue with an older vehicle than they otherwise would or choose from what's available at the time.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdxstang View Post
If I churned through vehicles as quickly as you do I'd want to try different ones anyway. I can't even see switching out my 2014 for the 2019 yet (or apparently a 2020) because it'd feel like I was essentially in the same vehicle. When I'm looking for a new vehicle to replace the MDX I wouldn't do it before a 4th gen was available and even then I'd have to see what it's like and compare it to what else is available. The exception would be if mine was crashed or stolen, in which case I might be willing to replace it with the same gen MDX. If I wanted a new vehicle when the replacement is essentially what I already have I'd certainly tend to want to try something different. There are lots of similar vehicles available from many manufacturers.

My 2014 is still good for years to come though so I'm not ready for a 2020 model anyway.

Per what another poster noted above - the end of the 2nd gen was a short model year followed by an extra long model year for the start of the 3rd gen, 2014 model year, (my 2014 was built June 2013) so Acura may do that again for the intro of the 4th gen.

I hope the 4th gen will be even more appealing than the 3rd gen, which I obviously liked enough to buy, but we won't know how it appeals to each of us until it's out. There are some posters here who like the 2nd gen better than the 3rd gen so newer isn't always better - but the older keeps getting older so at some point one needs to decide whether to continue with an older vehicle than they otherwise would or choose from what's available at the time.
I only buy at redesigns. The only reason I bought a 17 was because I wanted the hybrid. I know financially itís not wise but,I donít really care. When I buy a car,I donít want it looking like last yearís. Or the year before,etc. Itís true the tech is old in the MDX. It was old in 14. But at least they did add Apple CarPlay in 18.

2014 MDX,TECH. CHERRY AWD Gone.
2017 MDX, ADV SP HYBRID. MODERN STEEL.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I only buy at redesigns. The only reason I bought a 17 was because I wanted the hybrid.
While the majority of the newer one you bought was the same basic vehicle in body style, interior design, etc., the hybrid was quite a change mechanically with the different ICE engine, hybrid components, transmission, etc. so you ended up with something more significantly changed than the usual year to year minor changes (sometimes no changes other than maybe a differently named almost identical gray/white/black color). It's more understandable why you wanted to switch out at the 3 year point for that even though I wouldn't have done it myself - but my 2014 still feels new to me and only has around 60K miles on it.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

I donít get it Pilot has better one screen NAV why cannot Acura refresh MDX with RDX NAV.

It might be best selling suv but people want latest tech compared to other third row ..
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude10 View Post
I donít get it Pilot has better one screen NAV why cannot Acura refresh MDX with RDX NAV.

It might be best selling suv but people want latest tech compared to other third row ..
The new Honda design is very controversial, especially on the refreshed Pilot. The new infotainment in the RDX is going to be on all new redesigned Acura products, which means the MDX will be getting it as well. Only thing between this and the Pilots infotainment is the Pilot has touchscreen while the new Acura infotainment doesn't have touchscreen.

2017 Acura MDX Tech BCP
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Well, that means my refreshed 4th gen purchase is out to like 2024 at the earliest.

I really hope Acura forgo frivolous luxury and stick to awesome performance. I want a type S with mag ride shocks, turbo V6, brembo brakes...man here is my check now, let's do this!

2017 MDX Advance SH-AWD, Modern Steel with Ebony
2016 Chevy SS, 6 speed manual
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by carli123 View Post
Well, that means my refreshed 4th gen purchase is out to like 2024 at the earliest.

I really hope Acura forgo frivolous luxury and stick to awesome performance. I want a type S with mag ride shocks, turbo V6, brembo brakes...man here is my check now, let's do this!
I agree too. If they make the Type S available in the next few years, I will be putting down a secured downpayment. If its gonna be delayed, i might hop over to BMW for their craze of 6 M powered X series crossovers.

2017 Acura MDX Tech BCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement