Vehicle Arbitration - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Unread 1 Day Ago Thread Starter

Vehicle Arbitration

Anyone had experienced Acura arbitration to settle a vehicle issue? Or tried using a 3rd party arbitrator? How long is the whole process?
Appreciate any suggestions/recommendations or refer to any previous threads.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Not with Acura as this is our first one. But years ago we filed a claim thru the BBB against GM. We spoke our case, the GM lawyer was on a phone call. We won the case.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Unread 22 Hours Ago

Before you head down that path check the lemon law qualifications for your state.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Unread 21 Hours Ago Thread Starter

I think I do meet the lemon law qualifications. 3 repairs of the same issue and no root cause found. Vehicle is still under warranty.
I want to see how long this whole process would take and what else do they do before making decisions.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Unread 9 Hours Ago

I too have not experienced one with Honda/Acura, but did handle one for a customer of a GM car. The process will likely be similar. They will likely offer to sell you the replacement at a deep discount and will calculate a trade allowance based on your purchase price then deduct for time/miles used. There was a recent post on the Odyssey forum about a dealer that didn't want the factory involved and the trade marked as a "buy-back" due to the reduced value of the labeled car, so they did the deal in-house allowing the entire purchase price for the trade and selling the new car a dealer invoice. The customer was happy (I was surprised they didn't want to calculate for time/miles used), but soon discovered that the dealer had put the trade on their lot attempting to sell it without disclosing that it was a problem car. IMO they should have just sent the car to auction and washed their hands of it having done the customer a real solid up to that point, but why put it back on the street sure to have another unhappy customer right away?

Good luck!

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Unread 9 Hours Ago

issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet94122 View Post
I think I do meet the lemon law qualifications. 3 repairs of the same issue and no root cause found. Vehicle is still under warranty.
I want to see how long this whole process would take and what else do they do before making decisions.

Could I ask what your issue is and what year and trim package MDX do you have? I have a 17 Advance and so far there are 3 issues they can't fix after many tries. Research tells me one of my issues is only on Advance models and under certain circumstances.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Unread 6 Hours Ago

in any legal proceeding the question in part will be answered by what would a prudent person do, combined with specific wording in the law. A complaint that the glove box door is out of alignment is likely to be met with a different standard than the alternator stops charging. That makes it hard to answer a question like this on the Internet. Cathy had to hire an attorney on another brand where the clutch kept failing. Several attorneys told her she had no chance yet she won, and when she did her case was used as a basis for other people going after a class action for the same issue. In her case it took about 18 months.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Unread 4 Hours Ago

Good luck. I'm having so many issues with mine and Acura didn't do anything even after my lawyer sent them a letter. My lawyer said my next step would be Arbitration route, but it takes a long time and costly, plus the car now has 51k miles. I used to tell friends/family to buy Honda, now tell them to buy Kia/Hyundai.

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-thi...my-lawyer.html
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Unread 37 Minutes Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhhiep View Post
Good luck. I'm having so many issues with mine and Acura didn't do anything even after my lawyer sent them a letter. My lawyer said my next step would be Arbitration route, but it takes a long time and costly, plus the car now has 51k miles. I used to tell friends/family to buy Honda, now tell them to buy Kia/Hyundai.

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-thi...my-lawyer.html

Cathy had dual mass flywheels fail on her hyundai three or four times. Every 25,000 almost like a clock. They refused the last 2 times to warranty it even though the owner's documents stated that the flywheel was warranted again failure for 100,000 miles. The experience was awful and several dealers were involved. They simply said that Hyundai refused to replace them. Her wheel bearings in the back went bad too well before 100,000. Hyundai said that wheel bearings were part of the braking system and tires, and not part of the drive train, and therefore were not covered. Hyundai is not a car I would buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement