Can I lock glove box on 2019 MDX? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Can I lock glove box on 2019 MDX?

I was wondering if there is a way to lock the glove box. I noticed there is a slot under the release button that sort of resembles a keyhole but I'm not sure what it is. However, this 2019 model doesn't have a key.

If it automatically locked with the door locks that would be fine but I suspect this is not the case. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

You have a key. Look at your key fob and slide the tab on the face to the side and pull on the metal portion to pull out a key. Stick it in the key core in the glove box and turn 90 degrees and then take out the key. Voila.

As always, it is advisable to read the manual fully.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks for your helpful reply.

A side note - I have been reading the .pdf manual for the 2019 MDX and I have seen nothing about the key inside the fob or anything about locking the glove box which is why I posted here. In fact, all it says about the glove box is to make sure you don't leave it open for safety.

I have found the manual to be very spotty in general. Anyway, thanks again.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

You may be looking at the owners guide and not the manual. In the manual it's page 209. Shows a picture of the locking procedure. The key is shown on page 140.

If your pdf is somewhat around 738 pages, it's the manual. If not, it's the guide.

Also, remember to get your one free copy of the manual that you can order, but print the newer revision edited in December 2018.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Yeah, you're right, I was looking at the guide. I thought they were the same thing.

Where exactly do you order the manual? I would have thought it came with the vehicle. Thanks again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Here's the link to purchase (free within first 6 months): https://owners.acura.com/manualrequest/2019/MDX

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks yet again. Also, I did manage to locate the proper manual .pdf to read in the interim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement