Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Can I lock glove box on 2019 MDX?

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Carl 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is a way to lock the glove box. I noticed there is a slot under the release button that sort of resembles a keyhole but I'm not sure what it is. However, this 2019 model doesn't have a key.

If it automatically locked with the door locks that would be fine but I suspect this is not the case. Thanks.

#2 ·
You have a key. Look at your key fob and slide the tab on the face to the side and pull on the metal portion to pull out a key. Stick it in the key core in the glove box and turn 90 degrees and then take out the key. Voila.

As always, it is advisable to read the manual fully.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thanks for your helpful reply.

A side note - I have been reading the .pdf manual for the 2019 MDX and I have seen nothing about the key inside the fob or anything about locking the glove box which is why I posted here. In fact, all it says about the glove box is to make sure you don't leave it open for safety.

I have found the manual to be very spotty in general. Anyway, thanks again.

#4 ·
You may be looking at the owners guide and not the manual. In the manual it's page 209. Shows a picture of the locking procedure. The key is shown on page 140.

If your pdf is somewhat around 738 pages, it's the manual. If not, it's the guide.

Also, remember to get your one free copy of the manual that you can order, but print the newer revision edited in December 2018.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.