Pothole! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Pothole!

I ran over a gaint pothole on the highway, still can't figure out why was it there...and no one fix it. It's not near the edge, it's right inside the lane, on the exact path that my right front wheel traveling.
Anyway, steering wheel seems slightly off alignment, right front strut is leaking, have to replace in pair, control arm seems bent a little, the sad thing is i can only replace them with oem parts, no aftermarket available.

saddd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

You can thank liberal governments policies and refusal to fix infastructure for that.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn0128 View Post
You can thank liberal governments policies and refusal to fix infastructure for that.
REALLY?

In Wisconsin, we call them Scott-holes, for the "conservative" Republican former Governor, Scott Walker, who was mostly interested in pushing through tax cuts that mostly benefitted the extremely wealthy. Paying for silly things like road repair wan't really a priority. But he was all for building billion dollar sports stadiums on the taxpayer's dime, because we certainly couldn't expect billionair sports team owners to pay for them. Or giving billion dollar tax "incentives" to multi-national corporations to build a facility in WI.

Under 8 years of Walker "governance", Wisconsin's roads went from amongst the best in the nation to amongst the very worst.

A priority of the new "liberal" governor, Tony Evers, is to restore funding to our crumbling road infrastructure. If he can just get the Republican controlled WI congress to agree to pay for it.

But don't let facts get in the way of your favorite talking points.

BTW, to the OP, sorry about your loss.
neoshi, bobby2478 and wallyo like this.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
You are right, already filed a claim against the city, btw, it's NYC.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

You might want to check with your car insurance company to see if they'll cover the damage. Apparently they often do since it's essentially a collision with an obstruction.

I'd be surprised if you get anywhere with a claim against a government but I guess nothing ventured nothing gained.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Lol, seriously? A pothole goes straight to a discussion about "liberals" vs "conservatives" lol? And people wonder why nothing gets done anymore, it's because everything turns into a discussion about "us" vs "them" and demonizing 1/2 the US population with no facts, just talking points (propaganda being pushed by politicians)
carli123 and neoshi like this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

WOW! You cant be serious? This country has serious problems. Many of those problems have come from government wasting money on foolish policies instead of taking the gas tax revenue and putting it where it needs to go. Spending billions on a foolish high speed rail instead of fixing roads is plane stupid. Bridges to no where to pad the coffers of politicians to get reelected. I could go on and on. Municipalities that dont fix roads that people have to drive on all day is horrible. Does not matter what side of the political spectrum their on, they need to be sent packing and put people in office that actually want to do the job. That was my meaning.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

It was an inappropriate comment no matter how you try to spin it. Save it for the mindless echo chambers of the political forums. This is a car forum.
neoshi likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouye2015 View Post
I ran over a gaint pothole on the highway, still can't figure out why was it there...and no one fix it. It's not near the edge, it's right inside the lane, on the exact path that my right front wheel traveling.
Anyway, steering wheel seems slightly off alignment, right front strut is leaking, have to replace in pair, control arm seems bent a little, the sad thing is i can only replace them with oem parts, no aftermarket available.

saddd
You need to get Jackie Chiles on the case:

2014 SH-AWD TECH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
WOW! You cant be serious? This country has serious problems. Many of those problems have come from government wasting money on foolish policies instead of taking the gas tax revenue and putting it where it needs to go. Spending billions on a foolish high speed rail instead of fixing roads is plane stupid. Bridges to no where to pad the coffers of politicians to get reelected. I could go on and on. Municipalities that dont fix roads that people have to drive on all day is horrible. Does not matter what side of the political spectrum their on, they need to be sent packing and put people in office that actually want to do the job. That was my meaning.
I agree we as a country have serious problems, the largest of which is turning every discussion into a partisan political discussion. If people are too busy worrying about "liberals" vs "conservatives" they aren't focused at all on solving the very real problems that require attention, instead they are purely deflecting attention onto someone else by blaming them for all the ills of society. It's counterproductive

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
neoshi likes this.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

I was going to say something really smart here. But no more politics.

2014 MDX,TECH. CHERRY AWD Gone.
2017 MDX, ADV SP HYBRID. MODERN STEEL.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BGK

Quote:
Please take you political trolling act someplace else.
neoshi likes this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdxstang View Post
You might want to check with your car insurance company to see if they'll cover the damage. Apparently they often do since it's essentially a collision with an obstruction.

I'd be surprised if you get anywhere with a claim against a government but I guess nothing ventured nothing gained.
I tried not to claim the insurance, since my collision deductible is $1000, and the the whole repair costs is around $1000, so, there is no point to claim.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

I'm thankful most forums are free of political diatribes (except for the appropriate lounge sections) because as Bobby states, our world is nearly inescapably hyper-politicized. It's nice to go to a place like a forum to have much more meaningful arguments such as which oil is best, regular or premium fuel, or 6 speed vs. 9 speed.
neoshi and bobby2478 like this.

2017 MDX Advance SH-AWD, Modern Steel with Ebony
2016 Chevy SS, 6 speed manual
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by carli123 View Post
I'm thankful most forums are free of political diatribes (except for the appropriate lounge sections) because as Bobby states, our world is nearly inescapably hyper-politicized. It's nice to go to a place like a forum to have much more meaningful arguments such as which oil is best, regular or premium fuel, or 6 speed vs. 9 speed.
Exactly. It's in your face everywhere, people coming to the forums aren't coming to read yet more political discourse. They (myself included) just want fact based discussion around vehicles with no politics, no agenda and no propaganda. Let's keep it that way!
carli123 and neoshi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement