New Acura Link phone app - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019 Thread Starter

New Acura Link phone app

My phone just installed a new version of the Acura Link app, and now the car status is not working at all. It just says "retrieving status" and then that eventually goes off. Anyone else? Incidentally, for the refresh there is no button, you have to pull down from the top of the screen, which sometimes works and sometimes not. This new app is ver. 4.0.0 dated March 2019.

2018 MDX Sport Hybrid Advance, Lunar Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019
rcy

All I'm getting in the new app is my vehicle listed, and mail (like the L65 recall notice that just popped up), but everything else is gone. There's no vehicle status, no search bar where I can send address to the GPS, no description of service codes, etc etc. It's all gone.

I don't understand how some teenager, living at home, working in the basement can successfully update a home grown app, but a large corporation like Acura can completely fubar an app update....
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019
rcy

Looks (from the demo, since mine still isn't working correctly), like they've added 'engine start / stop' to the app. Yay.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcy View Post
All I'm getting in the new app is my vehicle listed, and mail (like the L65 recall notice that just popped up), but everything else is gone. There's no vehicle status, no search bar where I can send address to the GPS, no description of service codes, etc etc. It's all gone.

I don't understand how some teenager, living at home, working in the basement can successfully update a home grown app, but a large corporation like Acura can completely fubar an app update....
I didn't say it, but yes a lot of other things are not functioning. I find no "buttons" for start/stop, but the search function in maps is working, and that's about it. When I click on the button, it says it has sent the destination to the car, but it doesn't appear in the nav system in the car.

post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019
rcy

Screen shot from the demo... See the small white bar at bottom of picture. Swipe up on that and it should show you the remote start/stop, door lock etc etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190331-172800_1554067798246.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	109412  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019

New Acura Link phone app

Mine does take a while to update status but it is slow, there is no remote start from the app, so the demo isnít accurate for MDX as I think itís only RDX that gets that, not sure why... radio signal to control relay... done.

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019
rcy

My solution until Acura hires a 15 year old programmer to fix their app...

This is for an Android phone....

Find the .apk for a previous version. Uninstall the crappy new version. Install the previous version using the downloaded .apk Now open Google Play and click on AcuraLink and uncheck the box for 'auto update'.

Old version installed and working. Will not auto update. When Acura can pump out a quality update, I will consider installing it. Otherwise, the old version works fine.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019

Does anyone with a Basic (free) subscription happen to see Recall notifications in AcuraLink app for Android? I don't even see a button or section for Recalls. I wonder if this is because my vehicle doesn't currently have any open recalls? Meaning does this section only display if your VIN has an open recall and specifically list only the recall(s) that your VIN is impacted by?
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019

I noticed that the ACURALINK APP had been updated on my iPhone X. Everything seems to be working OK. The most significant change I noticed was the automatic status update each time I access the APP. I was able to send an address to my MDX, lock and unlock the doors etc.

App might be new but itís not consistent sometimes it connect other times it doesnít show anything .

So, I go to open AcuraLink on my phone today and up pops a message, "Updates have been made and you must update in order to continue using this application." OK. I select update now, which takes me to the app store to update the app. After download is complete, I reopen AcuraLink and get the same message about updating, even though I can see a new login screen in the background. OK, try again. Same results. Third time - finally, success! Take home message: if it seems like update fails, keep on trying....

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019 Thread Starter

After the update, my new version of the app is working fine. I was also able to search and download a destination to the car. Note the little bar under the "Last updated at . . ." Swipe down from there to reveal the map, search and download to car functions. Or swipe the bar up to reveal the "Remote Commands." So I think Acura has done a good job on this. I'd only wish that they put some time into the infotainment system itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190406-074505.png
Views:	33
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	109440  
coralreefer likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyo View Post
After the update, my new version of the app is working fine. I was also able to search and download a destination to the car. Note the little bar under the "Last updated at . . ." Swipe down from there to reveal the map, search and download to car functions. Or swipe the bar up to reveal the "Remote Commands." So I think Acura has done a good job on this. I'd only wish that they put some time into the infotainment system itself.

Are you on 4.0.1 and did you try 4.0.0?? I've been holding off on the upgrade because of the earlier posts on this thread, but I think most of the issues were with 4.0.0. FWIW, the HondaLink app also updated to 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 around the same time and with similar look and feel changes.

2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid
2019 Honda Odyssey Elite
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralreefer View Post
Are you on 4.0.1 and did you try 4.0.0?? I've been holding off on the upgrade because of the earlier posts on this thread, but I think most of the issues were with 4.0.0. FWIW, the HondaLink app also updated to 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 around the same time and with similar look and feel changes.
I'm on 4.0.2.
coralreefer likes this.

I am on 4.0.2 but mine doesnít show anything New Acura Link phone app-img_1380.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement