Anyone seen details for the 2018 MDX? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to djillusion
Anyone seen details for the 2018 MDX?

i have been combing over anything that has mention or updates for the '18 MDX. looking to replace our '09 soon, but trying to figure out if there will be worthwhile changes in '18 for me to wait it out.

other options are the new LR Disco First Edition, Q7 and possibly Lexus' RX350H (with 3rd row seating). TIA

--
2009 MDX
Black on Black Sport with Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017

With the '17 refresh I wouldn't expect too many changes, android auto/Carplay would be a good guess.

2017 MDX Advance SH-AWD, Modern Steel with Ebony
2016 Chevy SS, 6 speed manual
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017

I had a dealer flat out lie to me about the release date on a Acura. I asked when the new model would be out and they told me they didn't know. The very next day guess what hit their lot. The new model and I purchased the old model the night before. I was so mad. They just wanted to get rid of old inventory.

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017

It looks like some powertrain updates might be in order but I'm not sure how credible this source is http://carttraction.com/2018-acura-mdx-price/

I really hope they will add the adaptive suspension to the non hybrid. But its unlikely.

It's really strange that we are this far in 2017 and no word on anything regarding 2018 MDX. Does anyone know when production ends for '17?
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickk21 View Post
It looks like some powertrain updates might be in order but I'm not sure how credible this source is 2018 Acura MDX Price, Interior, Design, Engine, Transmission, Changes

I really hope they will add the adaptive suspension to the non hybrid. But its unlikely.

It's really strange that we are this far in 2017 and no word on anything regarding 2018 MDX. Does anyone know when production ends for '17?
I'm tempted to wait. But the prices and selection may be too good now. The hardware may not support Apple play.

2014 MDX,TECH. CHERRY AWD Gone.
2017 MDX, ADV SP HYBRID. MODERN STEEL.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

I wish they add Android/Car Play into the mix...
Its embarrassing that cheaper Crossovers have it standard (as in the PILOT).
JennRosa likes this.

2G MDX Tech & Entert // Sport Running Board // F&R Fender Garnish // Wheel Locks // K&N Filter making a billion horsepower...
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

I even searched the Lincoln Alabama newspapers. For news. Nothing.

post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

They're delayed. Makes me think they needed extra time to add stuff, like the updated infotainment system you see in the 2018 tlx. Wouldn't be surprising because the infotainment is really pulling down their satisfaction scores.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshi View Post
They're delayed. Makes me think they needed extra time to add stuff, like the updated infotainment system you see in the 2018 tlx. Wouldn't be surprising because the infotainment is really pulling down their satisfaction scores.

Purely speculation?

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshi View Post

Hope this actually happens. I'm ready to upgrade an 08 RDX for a MDX with carplay.

I guess I'm old school, I make a decision on what to buy based on how it drives....not the radio....and yes, I have a smart phone...but I'm not afraid to leave home without it. Born in 63.

2002 MDX 227K miles.. Silver/Black
2011 MDX Tech 125K Miles Palladium/Taupe
2003 BMW Z4 3.0 55K Miles 6 Speed Titan Silver/Dream Red

Garage
Usually, Acura doesn't do any major changes after the MMC to the powertrain or body styling. The most we might see are color changes and maybe electronic updates like intro of Apple/android carplay. That will most likely be it until the 4th Gen hits the road as a early 2020 model if Acura sticks with the current Acura MDX vehicle cycle of 6-7 years.

I would wait until the 2018 hit the showroom because you might see some pretty good discounts for the 2017 models if there aren't any improvements (almost zero updates other than interior colors for the 10-13 MDX).

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgold35 View Post
Usually, Acura doesn't do any major changes after the MMC to the powertrain or body styling. The most we might see are color changes and maybe electronic updates like intro of Apple/android carplay. That will most likely be it until the 4th Gen hits the road as a early 2020 model if Acura sticks with the current Acura MDX vehicle cycle of 6-7 years.

I would wait until the 2018 hit the showroom because you might see some pretty good discounts for the 2017 models if there aren't any improvements (almost zero updates other than interior colors for the 10-13 MDX).
There are some pretty good discounts now. I guess that even if they got CarPlay,would it be worth $4,000 more for the car?

I for one am holding out hope they upgrade the infopainment for the 2018 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement