Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Squeeky fan noise behind the dash

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  adreamforall 
#1 ·
Hi All,

In addition to the fuel pump chirping noise my 14 MDX just started to make a squeaky noise coming from behind the dash.

I suspect the noise to be coming from the AC fan somewhere behind the dash because if I turn the AC off when the noise is audible, I can hear the noise wind down until it stops. Also I don't hear the noise when AC is off.

I dropped off the car at the dealership for diagnostic but was told no noise was heard.

Wondering if anyone have similar issue and if they were able to get a fix on the issue.

Thank you.

#4 ·
I suggest making a recording of the wind down noise and show it to the dealer for diagnosis.

A good way to play the recorded noise is to use the Bluetooth feature in your car. This way the tech can get a good sample of it before they take the car in.

I did the same and the tech was able to hear the noise in the car. He replaced the blower under warranty. Noise gone. Good luck!

#9 ·
There is another thread on here that is similar. It is likely the rear fan. When you hear it, try just turning off the rear HVAC. The reason you don't hear it all the time is that the rear fan typically does not run all the time. Pilots have a similar issue. I believe the fan is actually underneath where the shift lever is. I have not tried taking things apart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.