Squeeky fan noise behind the dash - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015 Thread Starter

Squeeky fan noise behind the dash

Hi All,

In addition to the fuel pump chirping noise my 14 MDX just started to make a squeaky noise coming from behind the dash.

I suspect the noise to be coming from the AC fan somewhere behind the dash because if I turn the AC off when the noise is audible, I can hear the noise wind down until it stops. Also I don't hear the noise when AC is off.

I dropped off the car at the dealership for diagnostic but was told no noise was heard.

Wondering if anyone have similar issue and if they were able to get a fix on the issue.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015

Wondering if anyone have similar issue and if they were able to get a fix on the issue

when i turn off the fan, whether or not ac is on, there is always a wind down squeky sound. I only hear it when shutting down, not when it is running at regular speed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015

Just found this old thread, and it is exactly what I'm hearing - anyone have success getting this fixed? I've tried once, but of course it didn't make the noise for the dealer. Trying again next week.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentechent View Post
Wondering if anyone have similar issue and if they were able to get a fix on the issue

when i turn off the fan, whether or not ac is on, there is always a wind down squeky sound. I only hear it when shutting down, not when it is running at regular speed.
I suggest making a recording of the wind down noise and show it to the dealer for diagnosis.

A good way to play the recorded noise is to use the Bluetooth feature in your car. This way the tech can get a good sample of it before they take the car in.

I did the same and the tech was able to hear the noise in the car. He replaced the blower under warranty. Noise gone. Good luck!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019

Any update on this? I have the same problem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019

Could be some debris in the blower impeller. Remove the cabin filter and inspect. Blowing out with compressed air may clean out small stuff.

2014 SH-AWD TECH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement