2005 MDX VTM-4 Light - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9
2005 MDX VTM-4 Light

VTM-4 Light is on - what is this? and is it an easy fix?


Thanks!

Dane Hanson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Hanson View Post
VTM-4 Light is on - what is this? and is it an easy fix?


Thanks!
It means that the AWD system is not enabled and wont engage. Do you have any other lights on the dash, TPMS, VSA, check engine light, etc ?

Can you provide additional information on the transmission, transfercase and rear differential fluid change?
smufguy is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9
Check engine light does come on with it. TPMS sometimes but I live where it's really hot so that always seems to come on in extreme weather. Fluids were changed about 30K miles ago. I do have another issue where the engine mounts likely need to be replaced. When the A/C is turned on, the car will lunge at idle - I attribute that to the clutch on the AC moving.
Dane Hanson is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Hanson View Post
Check engine light does come on with it. TPMS sometimes but I live where it's really hot so that always seems to come on in extreme weather. Fluids were changed about 30K miles ago. I do have another issue where the engine mounts likely need to be replaced. When the A/C is turned on, the car will lunge at idle - I attribute that to the clutch on the AC moving.
Get this OBD Scanner >>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Get that and plug it into your OBD port.

Get the app called 'Torque' and once you connect with the Bluetooth, you should be able to pull the codes.

It is extremely important that you either go this route or take it to a trusted mechanic soon. Since your PCM is telling you something is wrong and you do not know what it is, fear the worst and act on it.
Without any codes and diagnosis, it is very hard to ascertain what it is that your MDX is encountering. Sometimes multiple issues are stemming off one issue and addressing it will fix the other dependent systems.
smufguy is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018 Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 9
Thanks for the advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smufguy View Post
Get this OBD Scanner >>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Get that and plug it into your OBD port.

Get the app called 'Torque' and once you connect with the Bluetooth, you should be able to pull the codes.

It is extremely important that you either go this route or take it to a trusted mechanic soon. Since your PCM is telling you something is wrong and you do not know what it is, fear the worst and act on it.
Without any codes and diagnosis, it is very hard to ascertain what it is that your MDX is encountering. Sometimes multiple issues are stemming off one issue and addressing it will fix the other dependent systems.
Dane Hanson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome