iphone 4 - iOS5 music issues - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter

iphone 4 - iOS5 music issues

Hi Folks - new 2012 Tech owner here. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS5 installed. I paired it to the MDX bluetooth for making calls which work just fine and now have it plugged into the USB dongle in center console. I guess I can play music through either interface, the problem I have is after a minutes the music sotp playing. I see the iPhone is still playing because I see the current artist on the screen. swithcing between BT and USB doesn't bring it back. I'd like to keep it on USB to use the richer iPod controls built in, regardless. if it stops playing part way through the first song it doesn't do me much good.

If I unplug the cable and reconnect it, the phone starts playing music again, but will stop after a few minutes like before.

Is there a trick to using your iPhone for music? I have an iPod Nano that works just fine, I just don't want to carry two devices as my phone is my primary device.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011

On our Bose system, we used to need to put our iphone 4 in airplane mode to avoid stopping..

There may be some more precise setting that you may use, but check if that helps...

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by martys View Post
Hi Folks - new 2012 Tech owner here. I have an iPhone 4 with iOS5 installed. I paired it to the MDX bluetooth for making calls which work just fine and now have it plugged into the USB dongle in center console. I guess I can play music through either interface, the problem I have is after a minutes the music sotp playing. I see the iPhone is still playing because I see the current artist on the screen. swithcing between BT and USB doesn't bring it back. I'd like to keep it on USB to use the richer iPod controls built in, regardless. if it stops playing part way through the first song it doesn't do me much good.

If I unplug the cable and reconnect it, the phone starts playing music again, but will stop after a few minutes like before.

Is there a trick to using your iPhone for music? I have an iPod Nano that works just fine, I just don't want to carry two devices as my phone is my primary device.

Thanks.

2011 Pearl White MDX Advanced
... OEM towing, 20 mm wheel adapters,
... rails/crossbars, black wheel well trims,
... side windows acrylic deflectors,
... Michelin Latitude Diamaris HP 285/45R19,
... Full size spare tire,
... 6000 Kelvin HID's
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
2005 Mercedes ML 500 AMG Package
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter

thanks AC, but, um, that would make it not be a phone anymore

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011

I just use the nano for my vehicles. I know someone that bricked their iphone when attaching it to vehicle. That was a nissan, but still do not trust them

2011 MDX Advance/Ent package (wifey's)
Bali Blue/taupe

Others:

2012 Infiniti M35h
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwill1 View Post
I just use the nano for my vehicles. I know someone that bricked their iphone when attaching it to vehicle. That was a nissan, but still do not trust them
that's probably some good advice.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011

I am having no problems with my iPhone and Tech package. I didn't quite understand your question though.

I quit using the Bluetooth capability, the sound quality isn't as good. To switch between the two, you make the change on the iPhone, you can tell it to use HFL or USB.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMDXDave View Post
I am having no problems with my iPhone and Tech package. I didn't quite understand your question though.

I quit using the Bluetooth capability, the sound quality isn't as good. To switch between the two, you make the change on the iPhone, you can tell it to use HFL or USB.
uh, no you can't. the iphone shows it connected to an accessory that looks like a doc port. you have to switch with the nav system if the phone thinks its doc'd. if you're switching on the phone then yours is not connected the way the manual says to or your don't have it fully configured.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011

Quote:
uh, no you can't. the iphone shows it connected to an accessory that looks like a doc port. you have to switch with the nav system if the phone thinks its doc'd. if you're switching on the phone then yours is not connected the way the manual says to or your don't have it fully configured.
Marty - you asked for help, I really don't appreciate the shot back

Mine is setup correctly. If you look at your iPhone when the connected screen is on, there is a Dock Connector button on the bottom of the screen that you can press. It will show the two options. That is how you can flip between Bluetooth and USB
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011

That's one of the reasons I changed to my Samsung S2, this year, after owning all the iphones up to the iphone 4. The bluetooth signal in the Samsung S2 is very strong compared to the iphones bluetooth, and it provides a very rich sound and at the same volume as the radio/CD/etc.

It feels like when you raise the volume on the Samsung S2 bluetooth, it feels like it is raising the bluetooth signal level. On my last iphone 4, I had to raise the vehicles music system volume to get a decent volume, but it raised, too, the noise level and the music did not have a rich sound and when I changed to CD/radio/etc. the volume will jump up too loud since the iphone required me to raise the volume to a high level...

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMDXDave View Post

... 6000 Kelvin HID's
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320

That's why I mentioned that you can put your phone in airplane mode to test to see if that works. If it works, then you can find more details on what can be disabled, individually, to make it work without turning off the phone.

I can't remember off my head if the problem was caused by the device notifications, services....

AC

Quote:
thanks AC, but, um, that would make it not be a phone anymore

... 6000 Kelvin HID's
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_MDX View Post
That's why I mentioned that you can put your phone in airplane mode to test to see if that works. If it works, then you can find more details on what can be disabled, individually, to make it work without turning off the phone.

I can't remember off my head if the problem was caused by the device notifications, services....

AC
Ah, you may be onto something with the notifications, thanks!

Same Problem

I have been having the same problem but with my 2011 model. It normally usually works after a few times of unplugging and replugging but that drives u crazy. If I turn my car off with my phone still plugged in and then restart my car my phone will NEVER play music without me having to unplug it an wait a lil while then replug. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

In my 2012 Advance/Ent, I've successfully paired an iPhone 4 and 4s, both running the latest iOS5 release and have had no problems with phone or music function in either Bluetooth or thru USB.

Perhaps try deleting the phone and try again.

Cornpopper
2012 MDX Advance/Entertainment
Polished Metal/Taupe
Black roof rails & Crossbars, Body side molding, Tow package, All season mats, Tri-fold cargo tray, Cargo net, Rear bumper applique
CREE LED Reverse lights, LED License Plate lights, Tailgate lights, Puddle lights, Front Markers, Glove box light, Footwell lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpopper View Post
In my 2012 Advance/Ent, I've successfully paired an iPhone 4 and 4s, both running the latest iOS5 release and have had no problems with phone or music function in either Bluetooth or thru USB.

Perhaps try deleting the phone and try again.
Might want to delete the Handsfreelink entry from the iphone as well before repairing, just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement