Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Replaced spark plugs for 2009 MDX

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  AcuraAddicted 
#1 ·
I spent lots of time trying to find whether I should get NGK or Denso plugs for my MDX. Finally, I got the Denso because Autozone ran out of NGK. Denso is about $13 each. The process was straight forward. I had experience changing one on my CRV which was a lot easier. I though MDX V6 would be harder due to limited space, but in reality it wasn't too bad at all. My MDX has 132,500 miles. I bought it used and i don't think the previous owner changed the plugs.

Here's what I found. I found 3 of the plugs weren't tightened all the way, and the color of the coils looks pretty burn as well. Those plugs were NGK IR. I uploaded the picture of the coils and plugs. All electrodes looks fine. After DENSO plugs were in. The acceleration is better and smoother. I noticed that my idle RPM is at 680. Before I changed the plugs, the engine idled ~750 rpm which I thought it was weird. At least, I am happy that I took care of it before it causes more problem.

I wonder should I change coils as well?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.