struts noise or something else - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2011BlackUbmMDX
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
struts noise or something else

HI guys,


Can anyone tell what kind the noise is this? I have changed out sway bar link and bushing. is this strut mount or strut or lower control arm?


youtu.be/nchcRMZ2UFo

kin12345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin12345 View Post
HI guys,


Can anyone tell what kind the noise is this? I have changed out sway bar link and bushing. is this strut mount or strut or lower control arm?


youtu.be/nchcRMZ2UFo


I hAve the same noise and they told me leaking front struts (elite package 2010 Acura MDX. )


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baaj is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
AcuraAddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 431
Might be the strut, but very hard to tell. Take the wheel off and inspect the strut for leaks and cracks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything is possible with the right tools and motivation!
AcuraAddicted is offline  
 
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 88
I had a similar sound and it only happened at low speeds. It turned out to be lose screws on my sway bar links. So they would rattle on the smallest of bumps at speeds from 10mph to about 45mph. It was only loose on the drivers side.
keith7120 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith7120 View Post
I had a similar sound and it only happened at low speeds. It turned out to be lose screws on my sway bar links. So they would rattle on the smallest of bumps at speeds from 10mph to about 45mph. It was only loose on the drivers side.
I failed to mention that I had just changed out my inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links and bushings. I had the sound previous to the install. After about a week of driving, the sound came back. I took it back to the shop I had install the parts which were OEM by the way. The found the lose screw issue and the sound went away again! Yeah!
keith7120 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith7120 View Post
I failed to mention that I had just changed out my inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links and bushings. I had the sound previous to the install. After about a week of driving, the sound came back. I took it back to the shop I had install the parts which were OEM by the way. The found the lose screw issue and the sound went away again! Yeah!


Do you know which screw was lose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baaj likes this.
2011BlackUbmMDX is online now  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011BlackUbmMDX View Post
Do you know which screw was lose?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screws to the swaybar link that connects to the sway bar.
keith7120 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
I changed out strut mount, sway bar bushing, sway bar link, inner and outer tie rod. The noise is still there. For my end no screw lose. I am thinking CV axle, strut cartridge or lower ball joint control arm.
kin12345 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraAddicted View Post
Might be the strut, but very hard to tell. Take the wheel off and inspect the strut for leaks and cracks.

i have changed out the strut mount inspected the strut seem going up and down.
kin12345 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin12345 View Post
i have changed out the strut mount inspected the strut seem going up and down.

I have a set of new control arms sitting in my garage if needed.
keith7120 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 88
I tried to attach to the previous post. I have a set of control arms for 07 if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190216_155543.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	109850  
keith7120 is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith7120 View Post
I tried to attach to the previous post. I have a set of control arms for 07 if needed.


How much you want?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011BlackUbmMDX is online now  
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered User
 
techmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 145
Garage
Honestly that sounds like a blown shock/strut. My Element was making that noise and after replacing them it went away. Started in the rear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996 Honda Civic EX (perpetual garage project car)
2008 Honda Element LX (Working on J32a3 swap)
2017 Nissan Sentra (daily driver)
2008 Acura MDX Tech Package (daily driver)
techmechanic is offline  
Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
good to know thanks!
kin12345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
front wheel noise sweetadad Second Generation MDX (2007-2013) 5 07-13-2013 01:08 AM
Replaced struts and shocks noise ??? AL210 General Discussions 3 09-21-2012 09:56 AM
Does anybody know what this ratchety noise is in my 2004? Its driving me crazy!!! pingwrx Sounds & Noises 41 11-15-2010 06:39 PM
Name that noise MrPDJ First Generation MDX (2001-2006) 14 11-08-2010 09:28 PM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome