Entertainment conversion? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

I have a 2007 Sport and would like to know if it is possible or even worth trying to convert it to Entertainment option by using the OEM overhead system.

I have found a few on eBay that are under $100 and wouldn't mind trying to add it if possible. I also found what appears to be a DVD player under my driver seat. OEM or aftermarket by previous owner?

I added pics of eBay overhead system I would like to add and picture of DVD under seat.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-164807_eBay_1555739265219.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	576.7 KB
ID:	109534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-164740_eBay_1555739286935.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	384.1 KB
ID:	109538   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_220926_1555739300939.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	109540  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Garage
I have the newer version found in the 10-13 MDX Ent. There was an updated center stack with extra buttons for controlling and the inserting the CD/DVD for the rear ent, extra inputs under the 2nd row climate controls for wired headphones/vid input/audio input, 2 infra-red headphones, and 2 extra buttons on the 2nd row for rear heated outboard 2nd row seats. The pic of the CD reader looks like the one just for the MDX navi system.

I've used my rear Ent in my MDX around 5 times in the last 5 years. I get more use from the iPad Mini I can tether to my smartphone in the car. I like the iPad because it has access to so much more like games, movies, internet, youtube, email, camera, netflix, etc... I like that I can take the ipad with me on the plane, beach, hotel, work, home, etc... I'm still using my old +5 year old iPad mini several times a week if not everyday sometimes.

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

I guess I should've mentioned I have 3 kids so don't really want to buy 2 more iPads. Also we will be making a road trip from California to Idaho and don't want to worry about loosing cell reception to the iPads. These are the main reasons I want to try installing overhead screen.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

DVD Under the seat is used for the Navi
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

First of all - not worth it to install an overhead DVD player - this is way outdated these days.

Secondly, you would need an updated main unit that will run you at least $600-700.

Finally, you will need a new headliner to accommodate for the hole made for the DVD. I don't think you can just cut it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything is possible with the right tools and motivation!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
I guess I should've mentioned I have 3 kids so don't really want to buy 2 more iPads.
Your three kids are all using one tablet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPearl View Post
Also we will be making a road trip from California to Idaho and don't want to worry about loosing cell reception to the iPads.
You don't need cell receptions for watching movies which can be stored in a tablet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything is possible with the right tools and motivation!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
DVD Under the seat is used for the Navi
Good to know, thanks.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago

Wayyyyy too complicated for what you will getů There are cheaper tablets than ipads though.

2G MDX Tech & Entert // Sport Running Board // F&R Fender Garnish // Wheel Locks // K&N Filter making a billion horsepower...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement