Originally Posted by 2011BlackUbmMDX
Are you sure redline fix your issue?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cannot say for certain that Redline 100% fixed the oil consumption issue. Here is the timeline for last oil change.
1. Use Valvoline 5W-30 Maxlife Synthetic. I have been using this for a while so this did not solve oil burning issue.
2. Before the oil change, I poured 1/2 quart of Marvel Mystery Oil into the engine and ran it for about 300mi. I also used 6oz of MMO on every gas fillup about 4-5 times. It did seem to clean something, but oil loss was about the same rate.
3. So at about 1500mi, I top off 1/2 quart. I started using redline after this. At 2100mi, I top off another 1/2 quart. Then at 2700mi, the car loss a little over a quart...just below the minimum mark. I was shocked!
4. So I top off the oil to max mark, and continued using redline on every fill up.
5. The next 2000mi, the car did not consume a drop of oil.
6. The next 500mi, the car loss 1/2 quart. At this point, it is 5200mi into the oil change. The oil turning pitch black now. The oil loss here may contribute to volatile. Maxlife is 13% noack.
7. Top off 1/2 quart and keep monitoring. I might change oil this weekend if temperature reaches +38F.
Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk