Disable iPhone music autoplay via USB? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016 Thread Starter

Question Disable iPhone music autoplay via USB?

I cannot seem to find anyway to disable my iPhone from automatically playing music (stored on the phone, not the cloud) when connected to the USB port in my 2013 MDX (Tech).

I have searched on this and have only come across people asking the same question for their vehicles.

Someone suggested to just add a silent mp3 track with a title that would put it first in the list of songs alphabetically. That is a workaround, but not exactly what I was hoping for.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016 Thread Starter

Someone's gotta have some opinions on this....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016

Garage
I never tried plugging my iPhone into the USB connection. I have a 64GB flashdrive plugged in 24/7 into the USB with my iTunes music copy/pasted onto the drive. I don't like wires hanging and do Bluetooth audio for the iPhone. I have a power cord in the armrest if I need to power up the iPhone for longer trips (leave the phone in armrest or use my magnetic phone mount just left of center console). The MDX does the same thing if you select Bluetooth audio:
- starts at last song selected if music app is already open, or
- starts the music app and does random play of entire iTunes library.

I think Acura is assuming if you plug into the USB or select bluetooth audio you want it to play automatically. I found this weblink; but, it doesn't seem to work with our MDX: How to stop the Music app from auto-playing in your car | iMore

It just said to:
- quit the music app on iPhone screen (pain in the ass, doing this already)
- disable the vehicle autoplay feature (I don't think our MDX has this option unless it is buried deep in the one of the dianostic screens)
- disable cellular streaming if you use this feature; but, it might still auto play any music physically on iPhone. Might have delete music on phone and disable cellular streaming (then you will have zero capabilities other than internet radio streaming)

Seems like every option requires you to touch your iPhone every time in 2-5 steps. It is easier since I upgraded to the 6S with thumb print log-in. I can just press/release/touch the iphone home button to log-in, double-click home button, and swipe up to close music app. Only takes me 1/4 of the time to do this on my 6S compared to my old 4S.

Maybe the more tech savvy member might know if there is an on/off Bluetooth/USB auto start feature buried deep in the navi diagnostic screens somewhere?

19 MDX sh-sh-awd Adv Fathom Blue Pearl w/ Graystone

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017

I made a song called "AAA Silence" that fixes this problem at least for iPhones (by being 79 minutes of silence that should always be the first song alphabetically on your phone), and I put it on the iTunes Store and on CD Baby. You can just search for "AAA Silence" in the iTunes Store or on CD Baby to get it. Alternately, you can get direct links to buy it and read more about it at aaasilence dot com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement