Intermittent USB problem (music only) with iPhone 6 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016 Thread Starter

Intermittent USB problem (music only) with iPhone 6

Hi,

I've started experiencing intermittent problems when playing music via my iPhone 6 through USB to my 2013 MDX (Tech).

At first it worked flawlessly, however starting several months ago I first started seeing weird beahvior with my phone and the car audio:
  • sometimes the music would not play, or
  • a song selected from the car's audio system (or the phone itself) would actually play a different song altogether, or
  • songs wouldn't show up in the list at all.

I tried unplugging the phone, rebooting the phone, power off/on the audio system, etc.

In the end I was able to correct the problem by doing a Network Settings reset on my iPhone. This now happens almost once a month. The Network Settings reset works to correct it every time, but it's a bit of a pain.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

Darryl

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016

Yep, had a similar problem on my 2012 Advance this past month where some things would work and other times it wouldn't. Removing and then reinstalling the phone seemed to fix it for a short while, but the problem always returned.

Take it to the dealer. They ended up replacing my Hands Free unit under warranty. They found a loose wire within the unit.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016 Thread Starter

I believe I found the problem. There's nothing wrong with the vehicle.

If another app on the device takes over playing music or video and then I re-connect the phone via USB - no go. I need to manually close the app that took control of the audio output (Video app, Youtube, etc.) and it will work again. Resetting network settings works too, but it's like swatting a fly with a hammer.

Over bluetooth there's no such problem.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016

My '16's infotainment would completely blip out and reset and also cause the iPhone to crash recently, but that was due to Pandora. The latest Pandora update fixed the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement