Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) 2004 - PDF

51K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  DominionMDX 
#1 ·
#6 ·
#18 ·
Well welcome to the Forum/Board!! What part of world are you from...and most importantly, what year and how many miles?
I think mine does the same, lol - havent bother fixing as it doesnt bother me.
This place is super useful, use the advanced search tool and you will find info on just about everything.
This thread is re: TSBs so highly doubt this would be addressed here. Perhaps its meant to stay on - i know the door/courtesy lights do - which kinda bothered me at first when cleaning the X.
Cheers, enjoy your ride!

#22 ·
there should be a TSB for the transmission cable-to-pivot mech being corroded & will be hard to shift from park-to-drive... i had that problem recently 2 months ago.

the stealership wanted to replace the whole trans cable assembly to the tune of over $700 for parts & labor

i looked on this site for the quick fix & declined their inspection/recommendations

the only plus that the stealership gave me was to drive the brand new TSX wagon for a day

#27 ·
Rear Fans don't work

Woody,

When I bought my used 2001 MDX last year the rear fans were dead. There is a good thread somewhere on this forum that helped me fix mine. The net of it is there is a control board for the fan that is located in the console area. I think it's a thermal link failure on the board that cripples the fan. A good electronics person can fix the link but I did not attempt that. You have to pull quite a bit of the covers on the console (driver side) to get to the control board. I talked my dealer into buying me the part I needed (about $125 from Honda dealer) and that solved it. Also need to clean a screen-like round filter that clogs with dust - located front of console area. It's visible when dis-assembly of console gets far enough along. Try searching for the thread if you have not fixed your MDX yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.