Who has the most miles? - Page 57 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

I checked to see how much parts will cost, and to my surprise, parts totaled just over $200. I can't justify pay over $1400 in labor cost alone...these dealerships are ridiculous with these labor costs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I have a separate thread on this board about it. I did a leakdown test and did not find anything. So I decided to replace the radiator first and then do a CO2 test. It cost me about $500 in parts (all hoses, thermostat, temp sender, Honda radiator fluid) and now everything is running fine. I've driven up the Camarillo grade at over 100* outside with the AC going and I got no heat problems. More importantly, no CO2 is showing in the test.

I now think the dealer was completely lying or totally incompetent. Now that I've done the CO2 test, I can't remotely see how they could do the test with a cracked, empty radiator.

Here's to another 100,000 miles!

239600 on a 2003

225,127 miles and she runs like a chaaaaaamp #05Touring #Stock

198K on a 2004 MDX with original engine and rebuilt transmission thanks to an amateur move with the transmission fluid change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly !! They can't do a co2 on a empty radiator . That's your first clue that there just trying to rob you !Glad your catching on to there game for future problems ! They probably seen a over heating reliable MDX and felt the need to just throw it in the back
Without checking it and just tell you that your head gasket is blown so you can trade for a less reliable brand new Honda/Acura and a bunch of payments.....never bother with the dealer unless it's absolutely must is my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay L View Post
I have a separate thread on this board about it. I did a leakdown test and did not find anything. So I decided to replace the radiator first and then do a CO2 test. It cost me about $500 in parts (all hoses, thermostat, temp sender, Honda radiator fluid) and now everything is running fine. I've driven up the Camarillo grade at over 100* outside with the AC going and I got no heat problems. More importantly, no CO2 is showing in the test.

I now think the dealer was completely lying or totally incompetent. Now that I've done the CO2 test, I can't remotely see how they could do the test with a cracked, empty radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpap117 View Post
198K on a 2004 MDX with original engine and rebuilt transmission thanks to an amateur move with the transmission fluid change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad your MDX is fine though !! Don't just expect a 100k miles expect another 200k-300k as this high mileage forum isn't a good measure of the MDX durability ......think I'm lying CHECK OUT THIS NEAR MILLION MILE MDX... ecspecially 2001-2002 j35a3 seeing as there's Litterally no reported head gasket or internal failures reported on the first two years of MDX ...........https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...n%3fsource=dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay L View Post

Just crossed 245,000 miles on my 2003 Touring...Im the second owner, had it since 80,0000 in 2007.

203,302 on my 2007 MDX

My 2001 has just over 300K. Lost the power steering over the past weekend. It has a few blemishes, drivers seat cushion leather ripped, passenger side second row seat doesn't like to collapse flat.

I just picked up a 2005 MDX Touring with 131K a few days back...so hopefully i have many many many more years of driving it seeing some of the numbers in this thread (I only drive like 8,000 miles a year)

227,500 miles 05 Touring. All stock, no tranni or motor swap/rebuild.

253,000 (407000 Km) on my 04 MDX touring. Still going strong.

2004 MDX tech
2013 Infinity JX35
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

I do not have any transmission problems. Hope it stays that way.

Our 05 had a torque converter fail at 160K. Had a leak from the trans. cooler that was not visible externally. Swapped the trans. and TC with a used unit. We now have over 210K with no other issues. This is NOT a repair that the average DIYer would want to undertake so it would be inherently\prohibitivly expensive! As. It was, it cost me about $1100 and I am a master mechanic with my own facilities! Other than that the vehicle has given outstanding service and is a dream to drive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement