iPhone Stopped Connecting - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter

iPhone Stopped Connecting

Just recently, my iPhone 8 started to become intermittent connecting to the '06 MDX. Now, it seems to have stopped altogether. It's always connected just fine for nearly 13 years.

Has anyone had the BT fail in the MDX or am I likely dealing with an iOS upgrade issue.

I wonder if I were to pair the phone with the vehicle again if that would resolve the issue.

The phone works fine with BT speakers, etc.

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment"....Numi

'06 Touring/Nav NBP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago

If the phone is working with other BT devices then 2 possibilities I immediately think of, but there may be more. One is the BT module in the MDX and yes, they are known to go out. Not as common in the Gen1 and Gen2, but they do. The 2nd is a bug in a recent IOS update that a future update may correct.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter

OK, I did some reading online. Found the HFL module up under the map light console. I unplugged the HFL module and let it sit for a while to dissipate caps, if it has any, etc. Then, plugged it back in. Still doesn't work.

I called Acura service and they said the units fail. So, I went looking online and only found a couple new ones at ~$400. Ouch.

So, looking for any advice as to whether or not there is an alternate, refurbished, etc., that I could get for less. I'm not sure it's worth $400 to put an old tech hands free phone back into a 13 yr old vehicle.

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment"....Numi

'06 Touring/Nav NBP

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago

Try re-pairing it if you haven't done so already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill

2003 Silver 3.2 TL
2006 Slate Grey MDX with Touring
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurojap View Post
OK, I did some reading online. Found the HFL module up under the map light console. I unplugged the HFL module and let it sit for a while to dissipate caps, if it has any, etc. Then, plugged it back in. Still doesn't work.

I called Acura service and they said the units fail. So, I went looking online and only found a couple new ones at ~$400. Ouch.

So, looking for any advice as to whether or not there is an alternate, refurbished, etc., that I could get for less. I'm not sure it's worth $400 to put an old tech hands free phone back into a 13 yr old vehicle.
Check out http://usaspec.com for an aftermarket alternative. Plug in your vehicle info and it will give you options from basic music playback to full BT call capability. Ebay and Amazon are better purchase options though as the manufacturers website only sells at MSRP and you can find better purchasing options.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in