Switching Insurance Policy - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018 Thread Starter

Switching Insurance Policy

We would like to know which of the companies below is good with replacing broken windshields with OEM parts in TX without any fuss:

Geico
Progressive
State Farm
Any other worth shopping around?

Our AAA policy is up for renewal this week and since windshields are the most common broken item, we would recommendations for shopping around.

Please let us know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018

Garage
I have no experience with claims in Texas... So maybe someone else can chime in with state-specific information... Otherwise, you should talk with an insurance agent licensed in your state.

I have encountered some significant differences in coverage/policies when I lived in Oregon, however.

Geico and Progressive were both about the same (good). I had a few rock chips and they'd send Safelite to me without any fuss, to repair the chip. No additional cost to me (at least, at the time... They do still report a "glass claim" against your record -- so see my note, below).

State Farm, however, was awful for glass coverage. They didn't provide any coverage for rock chips -- I had to pay the entire bill. When I got my second chip while having State Farm I discovered the Rain-X Windshield Repair Kit. It costs about $11 and included enough supplies for me to do 2-3 repairs.

I've moved to another state and a different insurance carrier, but after discovering the Rain-X repair kit, I haven't bothered filing any glass claims. It's too easy to repair myself (15 minutes) and I like being claim-free.

2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: