Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Buying 2006 Acura MDX with 56K Miles - Should I be worried?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GuyGordon 
#1 ·
All,

I am looking at buying a Acura MDX 2006 AWD Touring 4dr SUV w/Navi and Entertainment System with 56K miles at a price point of 12,900. It seems to be ridiculously low in miles and is very clean upon initial inspection. Is this a ridiculously good deal or should I be concerned with odometer fraud? The used car dealer has great reviews but it just seems to good to be true. Any input would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I have a 2006 MDX and haven't had any issues with it, ran great. Purchased it in 2009 with 28,000 miles on it. I changed the timing belt at 82,000 (recommended by Acura to change around 80,000) and routine maintenance. No issues until 125,000 miles, starting issue. Car preformed great Good Luck!

#3 ·
I wouldn't worry about it. Some of these luxury cars are not driven to work every day. (Think: Retired guy's Cadillac.)
As with any used car, you can't be certain the maintenance was done right. So change all the fluids right after you buy it. Also, look up all TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) and Recalls for you model/year. The car may be due some free dealer service, or have extended warranty on some parts. At the very least, the TSBs will tell you what to watch out for.
E.G. My 2007 MDX got a free steering pump service. A TSB also warned me about an AC compressor relay that proceeded to fail 1 week after I bought the car. Forewarned, I just bought a $10 replacement and fixed it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.