'Wrap' warranty price on 2014 CPO MDX - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016 Thread Starter

Question 'Wrap' warranty price on 2014 CPO MDX

I just bought a certified pre-owned 2014 MDX w/ Tech package. The car has 34.5K miles. For the 7yr/100K miles Acura care wrap warranty, the dealer quoted $1995. I have read on this site that dealer cost for wrap warranty is roughly $675 so I offered him $900. He would go down to $1400 but no lower. I didn't buy the warranty.

My questions are:

* Is $1400 a reasonable price for wrap warranty?
* if not, what is a reasonable price?
* The only reason I am considering this extended warranty is because 2014 was the first year for this gen MDX and Consumer reports has reported 'significantly worse than average' repair record for electronic components (Nav, radio, climate control etc) on this car.

I would appreciate any help or insight.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016

i just bought a 2014 MDX with advance+entertainment with 15K from non-Acura dealer. called Sterling Acura dealer here in Houston - she quoted me 5yr/120K for $3240. so, this is a non-CPO price. crazy i thought.
still looking. you got much better than I was quoted. which dealer did you get the quote - please advise. like to give them a call.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
Actual dealer cost on the 7/100 wrap is 640....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
Quote:
Originally Posted by siennaslammer View Post
i just bought a 2014 MDX with advance+entertainment with 15K from non-Acura dealer. called Sterling Acura dealer here in Houston - she quoted me 5yr/120K for $3240. so, this is a non-CPO price. crazy i thought.
still looking. you got much better than I was quoted. which dealer did you get the quote - please advise. like to give them a call.
Do yourself a favor and wait to purchase the warranty until your 4 year 50K is almost up. While the mileage of 120K is total vehicle miles, the 5 year clock starts ticking the day you buy the warranty, NOT the day your warranty runs out.

It might be up to $100 less buying it now (as there is a mileage surcharge later on), but the time coverage more than makes up for that.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016

hondaacuraplanet: thanks for the advice. I knew about the start time; but didn't realize the dealer cost for the 7yr/100K wrap.
I knew the quote that I got was crazy, but now know that's insane from Sterling Acura; especially when I bought the EW 7/100 for my 2011 BMW X5 4 years ago, it was less than $3500.
will wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: