Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

'08 with Camaro Wheels and Advance running boards

12K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rogue 
#1 ·
Just got the Camaro wheels installed today. These are the factory staggered wheels, not the replicas. Love the way the wheels look. Fit just perfect. Debating if I will run without center caps for awhile. The chevy logo on the stock caps can be removed but it just shows a black circle. Going to search for some Acura ones that will fit I think.

The running boards from what I was told was a '11 Advance. Bolted right up.

Think I might take off the mud flaps. At least the front ones.

See less See more
#2 ·
The wheels look awesome. I'm pretty sure however that running Staggered wheels on an active AWD setup will damage
On an AWD car if you pay very close attention to the rolling diameter of the tire. Typically if the difference in rolling diameter needs to be less than 5% difference and exact lb specs on Tire pressure

#5 ·
Here are a couple more. Sorry these aren't full resolution, just copies downloaded from FB on my phone.

The rims are 20". The fronts are 20x8 and the rear is 20x9. I am also running the OEM Camaro Pirelli tires which are 245/45/20 and 275/40/20.

Attachments

#7 ·
Yeah, I suppose I could look for another set and have a set of 4 that are all the same width. But I probably won't. Just not interested in deciding which width i'd want on all four corners, and then having to sell the other set of four.

The replicas were an option too, but the finish did not look the same. Where the Chevy SS wheels have a gun-metalish finish to them, the replicas are more of a plain silver and wouldn't have matched as well as these do.

The center caps had the Chevy logo and now is just a Black cap. I would like to figure out how to find a Acura set that would fit in there or blank ones that match the wheels

#10 ·
Just got the Camaro wheels installed today. These are the factory staggered wheels, not the replicas. Love the way the wheels look. Fit just perfect. Debating if I will run without center caps for awhile. The chevy logo on the stock caps can be removed but it just shows a black circle. Going to search for some Acura ones that will fit I think.

The running boards from what I was told was a '11 Advance. Bolted right up.

Think I might take off the mud flaps. At least the front ones.
Did you have any issues with center hub and did you need center hub spacers? Thank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.