Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

EXCALIBUR'S 2002 Taffeta White MDX Revisited

48K views 128 replies 16 participants last post by  EXCALIBUR 
#1 ·
March 2007 marks the 5th proud year of ownership of my trusty MDX. The odometer has barely clicked off 28,174 miles. The OEM transmission perform's flawlessly. Even more incredible, the OEM battery still works like a charm. My MDX has been a solid performer and a reliable workhorse. It still feels like a "new car" to me. Whether First or Second Generation, I hope you enjoy your MDX as much as I have enjoyed mine.:29:

Attachments

See less See more
#56 ·
phins2rt,

No, I did not use the velcro to anchor the BumperBib XLE SUV. As you see in the pic, the cargo cover does a good job of holding it in place when used. Rather than rolling it up for storage, I simply slide the BumperBib XLE SUV flat under the cargo cover. This is a great product. Like BSM's it will not guarantee protection, but if it saves just one ding or scratch, then it pays for itself.:4:

#57 ·
EXCALIBUR said:
phins2rt,

No, I did not use the velcro to anchor the BumperBib XLE SUV. As you see in the pic, the cargo cover does a good job of holding it in place when used. Rather than rolling it up for storage, I simply slide the BumperBib XLE SUV flat under the cargo cover. This is a great product. Like BSM's it will not guarantee protection, but if it saves just one ding or scratch, then it pays for itself.:4:
Sounds good! Thanks.:29:

#59 ·
Extingwish,

I work in the private sector as a consultant for the Hawaii Fire Fighters Association, IAFF, Local 1463. It is my privilege to serve the City, State, and Federal firefighters here in the 50th State.

How about yourself?

"When seconds count, count on firefighters.":29:

Attachments

#63 ·
EXCALIBUR said:
Obligatory Taffeta White thong pic :moon:
A man after my own heart...

#64 ·
Hi everyone. Haven't been around in a while since I sold my X. We made the intake for the MDX better. Now features an improved filter with open top and looks better with carbon fiber accents. Check it out:

Don't put an intake in the MDX unless it is the correct diameter 3.3" because a 3" intake is restrictive. If anyone has questions about this kind of stuff just email me at blinglights@gmail.com later

#65 ·
Magellan Roadmate 2200T Portable GPS Auto Navigation installed.

According to CNET Editor's Review, "The Magellan RoadMate 2200T features a new, compact design and includes two handy tools, called SmartDetour and QuickSpell, for easier navigation. It also has an accurate receiver, text-to-speech functionality, music playback, and an image viewer." I passed on the windshield mount, preferring a quasi-stealth install. My Magellan Roadmate 2200T rests on the front of the center console, just below the "Not An Ashtray." Adhesive velcro holds the unit in place nicely. As you can see, the DC power supply is in close proximity. When I exit my MDX, I simply place a small towel over the Magellan Roadmate 2200T to keep it out of view of inquisitive eyes. With the text-to-speech function, I can find my destination without even looking at the unit. Get your's today from Costco for only $249.99.:4:

Attachments

#66 ·
Return of the Thunderbirds

An elite air show will mark the Air Force's 60th anniversary

The Thunderbirds will zoom over Waikiki next September to help celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the U.S. Air Force.

The well-known red, white and blue F-16 Fighting Falcon jets will mark the last of six nationwide celebrations on Sept. 15.

F-16 FIGHTING FALCON JETS
Primary function: Multi-role fighter
Builder: Lockheed Martin Corp.
Thrust: 27,000 pounds
Length: 49 feet, 5 inches
Wingspan: 32 feet, 8 inches
Speed: 1,500 mph (Mach 2)
Ceiling: Above 50,000 feet
Range: More than 2,000 miles
Armament: One M-61A1 20 mm multi-barrel cannon with 500 rounds; external stations can carry up to six air-to-air missiles, conventional air-to-air and air-to-surface munitions and electronic countermeasure pods
Unit cost: $18.8 million
Crew: One

Source: U.S. Air Force

Col. Rojo Herrera, who is coordinating a series of events planned Sept. 12-15, said the Waikiki air show would be held the same day as the 2007 Aloha Week parade.

The parade will be held in the morning and the Thunderbirds are expected to fly in the afternoon.

The Waikiki Sunset on the Beach movie that weekend is expected to have an Air Force theme, Herrera said.

The Air Force also has plans for several activities on Sept. 14, including a concert and the Air Force Ball at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Displays of Air Force equipment will be staged at Fort DeRussy during the week, when retired Air Force generals who have served in the Pacific theater are expected to make presentations.

Gen. Paul Hester, Pacific Air Forces commander, said Gov. Linda Lingle has already declared September 2006 to 2007 as Air Force Year.

Hester said the Air Force "wants to say thank you to the citizenry of Hawaii and Honolulu ... as they opened up their broad arms and welcomed us into the community."

The Thunderbirds last performed in Hawaii three years ago, but the air show was held at Hickam Air Force Base. In 1997 they performed over Waikiki, flying only inches from each other.
The Air Force's official air demonstration team was created on May 25, 1953, designated the 3600th Air Demonstration Unit and activated at Luke Air Force Base at Arizona.

The F-16 has remained the choice of the Thunderbirds for the last 20 years. The unit is comprised of 12 pilots and more than 100 enlisted airmen.

The current team of pilots includes Maj. Nicole Malachowski, the first female pilot in the 53-year history of the elite air demonstration squadron.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.