Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Black wood grain

10K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Maverick21 
#1 ·
I changed the grain of the interior to the black wood .
This picture is not Photoshop image.

#7 ·
Your profile says you're in Japan but the vehicle in the pics is left-drive. How'd that happen?

#9 ·
Very nice. . . actuallly it looks like marble.

#10 ·
>Looks great! Where did you purchase the kit? What was the cost? Any problems removing and installing the parts?

Thanks!
This processing can be constructed by sending parts detached to a professional trader. It costs about roughly 600 dollars and shipping cost.
However, I think that it can do the United States and Canada though I live in Japan. By the way, because it is the one having imported it from Canada, my MDX is left-drive.

#11 ·
msy_tkhs said:
>Looks great! Where did you purchase the kit? What was the cost? Any problems removing and installing the parts?

Thanks!
This processing can be constructed by sending parts detached to a professional trader. It costs about roughly 600 dollars and shipping cost.
However, I think that it can do the United States and Canada though I live in Japan. By the way, because it is the one having imported it from Canada, my MDX is left-drive.
Looks good but $600 is way too much for me to spend on a kit like this.

#19 ·
I have no clue why would anyone spent $600 to change from one Plood to the other Plood, they are all Plood!:rolleyes:

#21 ·
mdxx3 said:
Do you guys think if somebody sprays some smoked (semi-transparent) paint on the plood, it will look like that??

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-23639.cfm

or/and

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-416.cfm
Doubt it. It wouldn't have the look of going all the way through. There probably is a fine texture left behind that you wouldn't notice as much on exterior surfaces. Maybe it could be buffed to a shine.

I painted my mailbox flag with some of that spray paint for plastic. It works well enough for that but no matter what you have, plastic really isn't meant to be painted.

#22 ·
nightguy said:

Doubt it. It wouldn't have the look of going all the way through. There probably is a fine texture left behind that you wouldn't notice as much on exterior surfaces. Maybe it could be buffed to a shine.

I painted my mailbox flag with some of that spray paint for plastic. It works well enough for that but no matter what you have, plastic really isn't meant to be painted.
Because I had failed in a similar spray, construction was left to the professional. How much does you want to try black wood grain oppositely?

#23 ·
Re: Expensive!

aarijk said:
$600 is a bit much.
BTW, what's the extra screen above the air vents?
That device is NV-XYZ77 HDD navigation system of SONY. Music and MOVIE can be preserved in this navigation system. The main body of the navigation is taken home to the house, and contents are put via PC.

#25 ·
Zebra wood

jp1450 said:
Looks great! Where did you purchase the kit? What was the cost? Any problems removing and installing the parts?
Just pick up my 06 MDX, comes with balck zebra wood interior and satin stainless acsents. Maybe you can order new parts for an 06 for less than $600? Looks better than the black marble look also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.