Questions about the security of your computer - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019 Thread Starter

Questions about the security of your computer

I like Kaspersky, TotalAV or Norton. You can watch level of protection; mcafee review. This is also a good antivirus. Many install lately and are satisfied. I watched the comparison. I want to try.
What kind of antivirus software do you like?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019

"Windows Security"

The price is right.

2014 SH-AWD TECH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019

Ever since I bought a router with a hardware firewall and installed Windows 7 back circa 2010, Antivirus software lost its meaning. Never ever since then I have got a virus on any of my home computers. Now all of my home computers run Windows 10. I specifically monitor it with Kaspersky on a bi-monthly basis to make sure nothing slipped through.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything is possible with the right tools and motivation!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019

They all do what they are supposed to do some use more computer resources than others! The biggest issues are not so much viruses but malware that keeps coming into your computer from websites,emails, and downloads. Make sure you have the free avg or avast and you can actually download malwarebytes free trial each month and run it on your system. You should also download ccleaner and also free and it works great to catch malware and covers most individuals needs unless you open every attachment , and download programs regularly then you may want full versions. I have not received a virus in over 12 years myself or family with 6 pc in the house. Malware is another story and it is daily and ccleaner is great as is malwarebytes.

Windows security works good also

https://www.avg.com/en-ca/homepage#pc

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019

I just use avast and have been for many many years probably over 10 years never had a virus or issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: