Trouble Sleeping - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004 Thread Starter
Super Senior Member

Trouble Sleeping

I have had trouble sleeping the last few weeks. Short of seeing a doctor I was wondering if you guys had any tips or suggestions that can help me get some shut eye.

P.S. Over the counter sleep aids just wind me up for some reason.

Thanks in advance and I will be up all hours of the night to check thread so feel free to reply anytime........just kiddin'

Hock

06' Green Touring w/Navigation, side steps, cargo cover, cargo net and hockey equipment in the back (OH THE SMELL!!!)

RIP...02' SS Touring w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004
Super Senior Member

Hmm, first thing to consider is did anything change in your life over the past few weeks, stress, life changing event, etc.

02 SS Touring Package with 7 year/75K Acuracare Extended warranty (from Tim)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004

Send a message via AIM to nightguy
Outside of getting hammered, the 2 things that have worked for me are reading in bed and not using the bedroom for anything but sleeping (go ahead, make your own joke). The more you use the bedroom as a hangout, the more your mind thinks that you're there to have fun. My theory anyway.

Weather changes always screw me up too especially as the seasons turn. With our recent cold snap (43 degrees this morning) I wake up in sweats with the windows closed and then wake up a while later freezing my A off.

Good luck.

2004 Touring/SBP/Quartz/cargo cover, cargo tray, OEM trailer hitch kit

2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Polished Metal/Black

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012

Take a big shot of Nyquil on an empty stomach and see if that does the trick.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012

NyQuil isn't the same as it was back 10 years ago. I remember having the very RARE weekend off from my two jobs as a kid. I'd pick up a bottle, grab a cheesesteak and fries, eat, NyQuil and sleep for damn near a day!
Sleep (good restful sleep)for me was rare back then!!
I had the flu last December, took a dose...didn't even help me sleep let alone any symptom relief. Hadn't had the stuff in 15 years. Must of changed the strength.

LIVE, Toast, Drink...Repeat

HAD: 84 Corvette(SC) Coupe, 1969 Mustang Boss 302 Coupe,1984 Datsun 280ZX(Turbo),(3x)03 Mazda MX-6 V6,05 Camaro SS,98 Jeep GC 5.9 Limited,99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition,05 Subie WRX Limited
HAVE:04 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav-RES
00 Jeep Cherokee Limited (City Car)
WANT:2011 Caddy CTS-V Hennessey Edition
2015 Acura NSX Type S
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012

If I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep I eat a hunk of cheese and a drink a glass of milk while watching TV. It is probably the booring TV that puts me back to sleep.

George

Happy Trails
2004 Black MDX Touring
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012

Whatever you do don't turn on any iPhone iPads laptops etc.
Get some exercise everyday. Even walking is great. If you haven't done any for ages, plan on only a mile the first 4-5 days then at the weekend double that distance and keep it up during the week second weekend move to three miles. A mile every 15 mins is your target.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012
Super Moderator

I'm really wondering who you are all replying to since this thread was started in 2004. Especially Mr Spammer with spam in your sig.

NBP/E 2002 MDX Tour/Navi
SS, SG, BSM, Front Air Deflector, Philips Xenon 4,100k HID conversion for Lows, Sylvania SilverStar for Fog Lights,04 Spoiler. Finally, Alpine CD/MP3 Changer, Panasonic DVDPKG2 RES, SAM UNIT, rear camera, Alll for my Beautiful, daughter. Installed Wood Steering Wheel. whew.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019

Garage
My sister-in-law is a nutritionist and dietitian.

I had the same kind of questions for her a few months ago.

My problem ended up being that I was vitamin D3 deficient (like most of America).

Plus she has me taking a few other supplements as well along with exercise almost every day of 10,000+ steps. I use Google Fit to track my steps on my old Samsung S5.

Here is the supplement plan -
Morning - Vitamin D3, 4000iu
Multivitamin
Fish Oil

Caffeine Cut Off At Noon - No exceptions

Evening - Magnesium (natural muscle relaxant)

The vitamin D3 has made the biggest difference for me. I don't feel so groggy and lethargic during the day any more.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Paul, a little to add to your awesome vitamin mix!! My 16 yr old Autistic son (2 days = 8 hours of sleep!), is doing incredible on D3 (4 months now). Ask your sister about adding Vitamin K2 to your D3 mix. It’s reported that D3 is really great but has the side effect for some of making your calcium not go to the right places properly. Less calcium to teeth and bones and more calcium accumulated as artery plaque. I’ve read that it is only a problem for long time users (and who wouldn’t be a longtime user if it works as well as it does!?). Also increasing you calcium and zinc is a good one. It’s like adding a turbo charger to you engine. More fuel burned needs more air creates more heat. Always looking to create that perfect balanced mix. I started by giving my son Magnesium at night...won’t do that again! He’s a morning Mag person It rev’s him up to crazy levels (you have a normal nervous system his is jacked!!!) Vitamin B6 and B3 (Niacin) is doing amazing things for my boy(despite the Niacin “Flush”). I’d recommend B6 to anybody who would like a vitamin that gives you clear focus instead of coffee or OTC drugs. I don’t get that afternoon drop anymore. Hope I added to your post. Good info! Thanks

LIVE, Toast, Drink...Repeat

HAD: 84 Corvette(SC) Coupe, 1969 Mustang Boss 302 Coupe,1984 Datsun 280ZX(Turbo),(3x)03 Mazda MX-6 V6,05 Camaro SS,98 Jeep GC 5.9 Limited,99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition,05 Subie WRX Limited
HAVE:04 Acura MDX Touring w/ Nav-RES
00 Jeep Cherokee Limited (City Car)
WANT:2011 Caddy CTS-V Hennessey Edition
2015 Acura NSX Type S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in