Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Acura parts availability

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nsxtasy 
#1 ·
Shortly after buying our 2014 MDX with the advance package (Our 3rd MDX), we experienced a melt down of the onboard computer causing all kinds of incorrect error notices. The dealer said that Acura advised a replacement of the computer. However, it would take over a week for the part to arrive! I find that lack of parts support incredibly insufficient and a gross inconvenience to the buyer. The dealer had no loaner car and we were without for 10 days. I think Acura should authorize a rental car when a 'loaner' is not available and I think Acura should have a better more accessible parts inventory for dealers.:mad:

#2 ·
A week for a part to arrive is not terrible, and not a big deal. However, the dealer should make a loaner available. (Surely they have other cars in stock that they could turn into loaners!)

I think Acura should authorize a rental car when a 'loaner' is not available
They still might. Call Acura customer service (the phone number is in your owner's manual) and explain the situation. They might authorize it, even if your dealer won't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.