Snow - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008 Thread Starter

Snow

So whos ready for some snow?

ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY MONDAY MORNING... WITH STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 6 INCHES POSSIBLE.

Nothing major. First taste of winter weather.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
2004 MDX Touring - Midnight Blue Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008
Super Senior Member

Re: Snow

Quote:
Originally posted by midnightMDX
So whos ready for some snow?

ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY MONDAY MORNING... WITH STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 6 INCHES POSSIBLE.

Nothing major. First taste of winter weather.
You guys are just getting snow now? We've already had several snowfalls, and have a light coverage now. We should add to that this week. So far so good on the Fortera Tripletreds. Significantly better traction than the old CT's.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008 Thread Starter

Yea, we have been lucky so far with earlier storms hitting Wisconsin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008
Super Moderator

Funny thing was I mowed my lawn last Friday to use up all the gas in the tank. Then I got the snow blower out, checked oil, gassed it up and it ran like a champ. All Honda of course

NBP/E 2002 MDX Tour/Navi
SS, SG, BSM, Front Air Deflector, Philips Xenon 4,100k HID conversion for Lows, Sylvania SilverStar for Fog Lights,04 Spoiler. Finally, Alpine CD/MP3 Changer, Panasonic DVDPKG2 RES, SAM UNIT, rear camera, Alll for my Beautiful, daughter. Installed Wood Steering Wheel. whew.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
Just raining here. My brother, who lives an hour South, has already had 10 foot snowdrifts......
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008

Snow

We got just a dusting here in minnesota. I wanted to try out the 4wd on the MDX. I put my mower away 3weeks ago Honda of course and was getting my snowblower ready. I work at Honda atv, mc and power equipment dealer. Last week i sold a single stage Honda snowblower to a guy because his 2stage Honda HS55 was broken. Would take $300 to fix so he wanted to get rid of it. He gave it to me and i bought parts for it $125 and it starts on the first pull like my mower does. My storage shed is now full of Honda power equipment. Always wanted a Honda 2stage blower but the start at $2100. I really lucked out on this obviously.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008
Premium Member

I just picked up an old Snowbird from one of the Honda techs here, for free

Needs some carb and recoil work, which I'm gonna do with a heater and some coffee out in the garage tomorrow night

post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008 Thread Starter

Ended being about 2 inches where I was. It was blowing like crazy in the early hours, but nothing too crazy.

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008

Re: Snow

Quote:
Originally posted by midnightMDX
So whos ready for some snow? ...
What's snow???

It was 70 degrees last weekend. Went for a bike ride, then took the roadster out for a drive.

Little foggy this morning, but still sunny and in the mid to high 60s now.

2001 GG MDX with Navi (
)

Side Steps, Rear Mud Guards,
, and Full Size Spare.

2004 350Z Roadster -

2008 G35S - my new daily driver
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008 Thread Starter

Whos ready for some more? 6-12" of snow. Heard the southwest had got a bit of snow. Snow on the Las Vegas strip.

Premium Member

We're supposed to get that tonight. Me and my '66 Snowbird are ready for battle

Quote:
Originally posted by hondacuraworld
We're supposed to get that tonight. Me and my '66 Snowbird are ready for battle

That look like a solid blower. They dont make them like that anymore. By the way thanks for the help on my meter trim i bought from you guys.

You b**ches ready for snow blowing later today !!! ...lol ....we hearing 6"-9" on this side. Ariens gased up and ready to rumble!!! I am kinda enjoying this snowblowing thing....lol...and Tim you're right the ariens is a beast love it so far and the electronic start is swweeeeettttttt

2007 Sport MDX Aspen White Pearl & Bordeaux

Exterior Accessories: Paint Protection, Wheel Locks, Sport Running Boards, Body Side Molding, Roof Rails, Front & Rear Garnish, Tow Package, Fender Flares, HID Foglights, SMT LED Lights
Interior Accessories: Leather Protection, All-Season Floor Mats, Tri-Fold Cargo Tray, Cargo Liner, Cargo Net, Limo Tint, SMT LED Lights, Remote Start (1 mile), Camera Link

Premium Member

I've sold and repaired about a dozen Ariens machines in the last month. Good performers and zero comebacks so far

In fact, I have to pick up and repair an Ariens ST1032 later today. The guy claims the auger's turning too slow.....never heard of that one, unless it's a belt. Belts on Ariens look impossible to change, but really take about a minute.

The Snowbird is the last machine that I had. With the snow coming, I could have sold that one too.....but that would have kinda stunk as far as clearing my OWN driveway.

The snowbird is built like an M1 Abrams tank, but to be honest, after using it, I'd say that Ariens wins in a snowblowing contest......the materials were better, but the technology wasn't perfected yet.

I'm a certifiable nut though, when it comes to old motor-driven equipment (I've got three lawn tractors to service now, a Murray, a Wheel Horse 857, and a Cub Cadet).

Here's a shot of this 1960 Snowbird S263, currently in fear factor mode....

But I digress
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008 Thread Starter

Got about 7 inches of snow overnight where I was at. Wasnt too crazy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement