Snow - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread

snow

Quote:
Originally posted by midnightMDX
Got about 7 inches of snow overnight where I was at. Wasnt too crazy.
Hey Midnight! The media is pretty good about reving people up. We are suppose to get 5"-7" by tommorow but who knows. I'm waiting for it so i can try the Honda blower out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008 Thread Starter

Nothing like a white Christmas.

We should follow Tims example and post up our snow blowers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
2004 MDX Touring - Midnight Blue Pearl
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to laborlitigator Send a message via Yahoo to laborlitigator
Got about 6" last night. Drove both the MDX and X5 just to compare the handling. Honestly, the MDX handles much better in the snow even though my X5 has 19" wheels and a much thicker grip.

'02 Mesa Beige, Fender Flares, Running Boards, Mud Flaps, Moonroof Visor, Burlwood nob, "wooden" steering wheel, roof rack, all season mats, HID, painted wind deflector (self installed, oh, yeah), body side molding, 6100K superbright whites, dual IKON headrests, PS2, Blitzsafe CD adapter

BMW X5 4.4
BMW M3 CiC

Super Senior Member

Here's my trusty snow blower. Not as retro as Tim's, but it has served me well for the last 14 years:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	39791  
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008 Thread Starter

Right now its -3 with a real feel of -35. No snow is falling, but the wind is blowing at 25-35mph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hadling

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laborlitigator
Got about 6" last night. Drove both the MDX and X5 just to compare the handling. Honestly, the MDX handles much better in the snow even though my X5 has 19" wheels and a much thicker grip. [/QUOTE surpise to hear that but that's good. Did you try theM3 out haha. Love that car.

Quote:
Originally posted by midnightMDX
Right now its -3 with a real feel of -35. No snow is falling, but the wind is blowing at 25-35mph.
We haf that last night. I got the Honda going for the first time. Worked really good so i cleaned 3 neighbours driveway on top of mine. There is on 5hp on this thing but it's Honda hp so that must be why it does not give up on any of the drifts. I was very impressed with the blower for beeing so old. Sounds like a good idea to take some pics.

Re: snow

Quote:
Originally posted by f1swede
Hey Midnight! The media is pretty good about reving people up. We are suppose to get 5"-7" by tommorow but who knows. I'm waiting for it so i can try the Honda blower out.

Yeah they do hype it up...thought it was gonna be much heavier ....but we only got around 7" like Midnight did.... even today we were "expecting" snow .....yet nothing ...a lot of high winds...but that was it really.
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
Well, we got about two friggin feet......had to get up @5:30 this morning to give me time to snowblow out before coming in.

I have to say, that old Snowbird does a bang-up job . The secret of my success is keeping a can of Castle 50-5 lubricant (an equivalent of PB Blaster) onhand, and coating the chute and auger before going out. WD40 works too, but it seems to wear off faster.

And now that we have, oh, about 2-3 feet of snow on the ground, we're getting rain and mid to high 40s for Christmas day.

The weather really does get stupid here sometimes

Send a message via AIM to Silentalero
At least yesterdays rain storm melted everything. It sucks though sewage systems around here suck for keeping any water out of basements

07 Acura MDX
00 Olds Alero (CCE Hydraulics)
06 Honda CBR 600rr
00 Suzuki GSXR 750

Silentedition.com "For all your Car stereo needs"

Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero
At least yesterdays rain storm melted everything.
Yeah ...got up this morning and it looked like summer (didn't feel like it though ) ...no snow ...green grass ...crazy

Send a message via AIM to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally posted by kingmdx

Yeah ...got up this morning and it looked like summer (didn't feel like it though ) ...no snow ...green grass ...crazy
Today almost made me pull out the bike

07 Acura MDX
00 Olds Alero (CCE Hydraulics)
06 Honda CBR 600rr
00 Suzuki GSXR 750

Silentedition.com "For all your Car stereo needs"

Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero

Today almost made me pull out the bike

This made me laugh ...i checked it today (the 9th) and thought you were talking about today (until i saw you replied in december)..I was like bike riding...in this !!! ...... there is like 6 inches on the ground as we speak and 7"-10" expected during the night ...not much fun for bike riding ...I know what day you were talking about though ...it's all a setup ...don't fall for it !!!

up to 7" snow in NYC tomorrow!
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009 Thread Starter

Had like 2 inches today, possibly 3-5" more overnight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: