How about a roll call - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-29-2001 Thread Starter

Talking How about a roll call

Daniel did what I asked so now we have a place to congregate. What folks in Illinois, Wisconsin and the Minnesota Tundra area would be interested in getting together sometime. With the exception of ghost and lmeans, most of us live around Chicago or Milwaukee so that is pretty close proximity. The folks from Wisconsin seem more interested than the people in the Chicago suburbs in getting together. So does this mean Cheeseheads are more friendly than FIBs (I take the 5th on what this acronym stands for! )?

05 Midnight Blue Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi Mine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 White GMC Envoy XUV Hers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pix:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-29-2001

Remery:

Sorry -- I have been out of town. I would be interested. I am in the Libertyvile/gurnee area.

Emerald Green base, roof rack and wood knob delivery on 5/08/01. wish I had gotten the navi
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001

Thumbs up

IM A NEW MEMBER AND LIVE IN WHEATON. I SHOULD BE GETTING MINE NO LATER THAN JULY 5TH DUE TO MY RECENT CALL OF AN ADDITIONAL MONTH DELAY. SAY WE GET TOGETHER AND TEE IT UP OVER BY REMERY AT DUBS DREAD! KEEP ME UPDATED -LARRY

A SOON TO BE DELIVERED 2001 SILVER BASE w/NAVIGATION PLUS: REAR MUD GUARDS, SILVER REAR DEFLECTOR, RUNNING BOARDS, WOOD SHIFT KNOB, CARGO COVER, CARGO TRAY, WOOD METER, WHEEL LOCKS, MCNEIL FLOOR MATS, LOWER FRONT TRIM, AND 6 DISC ALPINE CHANGER.

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001

Send a message via AIM to Clokspeed
Yes... let's meet

I live in Bolingbrook and would love to be in on a get together. Golf is fine!

-----------------
West 'burbs of IL
Nighthawk MDX Touring/Navi
with all the Woodworks, some cargo stuff...more to come
Received April 2001
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-01-2001 Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Great looks like we have a foursome!

Pix:

post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001 Thread Starter

1st Annual Midwest MDX Open

Lance, Larry and Clokspeed,
Larry should be getting his MDX by now or very shortly. Larry suggested Dubsdread which is ok if the rest of you of can routinely break 100 for 18 holes. If not, I would suggest an easier course. I play at Mistwood in Romeoville every week but that is also a tough course. PM or e-mail me your handicap or average score for 18 so I can better determine what course we should play that everyone can enjoy. I'm a 13.3 index.

Pix:

post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-25-2001

Hey midwesterners - I completely missed this thread the first time 'round - it was posted during my "Bars-of-Helsinki" tour. Chicago's a bit far for a round of golf, but I occassionally get down into the area - I have an aunt that lives right down on Chestnut and Oak in Chi-town, what a fun place to visit... So now that there's a quorum, I'll drop a note next time I head out of the north latitudes, if nothing else, I'll meet up with you at the 19th hole...

'01 SS MDX Tour/Navi - User upgrades: tailgate deflector, mud flaps, cargo gear, manik silver side steps, Acura hitch and coolers installed (don't try this at home...)
'00 Subaru Outback, love it too
Pix:

post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001

Thumbs up

Well guys I have a vin # and it's a matter of days!!! As far as golf I have a handicap of a 6 for my league which is for 9 holes and average a 88-90 for 18. Never played Mistwood but love to play new courses. I have a great course by me called Cantigny which is in Wheaton but it's also a dificult course for the average player. It might be hard to get on dubs because the Western is next week and the course is probaly closed untill then. So name the course and pick a date and lets get a reservation. Another course that's a hidden gem is Whisper Creek in Del web (Hunltey). It's a fairly open course and is very easy to get a early weekend tee time last minute!

A SOON TO BE DELIVERED 2001 SILVER BASE w/NAVIGATION PLUS: REAR MUD GUARDS, SILVER REAR DEFLECTOR, RUNNING BOARDS, WOOD SHIFT KNOB, CARGO COVER, CARGO TRAY, WOOD METER, WHEEL LOCKS, MCNEIL FLOOR MATS, LOWER FRONT TRIM, AND 6 DISC ALPINE CHANGER.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001

Exclamation

I'm from California, so you'll pardon me for barging in, but I hope you meant "role" call, rather than "roll" call.

Gotta be careful about that. The MDX ain't no Montero...
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-26-2001 Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by jrnewquist
I'm from California, so you'll pardon me for barging in, but I hope you meant "role" call, rather than "roll" call.

Gotta be careful about that. The MDX ain't no Montero...
jr,
If it were a "role call" I would be asking who wants to drive the beer cart. However, since I was interested in rounding up golfers it truly is a "roll call." And by the way a golf cart ain't no Montero either!

Pix:

Hey remery--

Does this mean you don't want me there? I may not play golf, but I sure can drive one of those golf carts !!!

Or I can go play miniture golf while you BIG GUYS play golf and go have a beer (or long island ice tea would be better for me)afterwards.

Lmeans

I'll bring a cribbage board, give us something to do while those duffers are out on the links.

'01 SS MDX Tour/Navi - User upgrades: tailgate deflector, mud flaps, cargo gear, manik silver side steps, Acura hitch and coolers installed (don't try this at home...)
'00 Subaru Outback, love it too
Pix:

post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-28-2001 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ghost
I'll bring a cribbage board, give us something to do while those duffers are out on the links.
\

Ghost and Lmeans,
You guys can go bowling since I seem to remember that Ghost claimed to be a member of the NBA which we all know really stands for Nebraska Bowling Association. Definitely adult beverages and perhaps din din after our round so non-golfers are welcome.

Of course if you two want some exercise you can caddy for us. If you don't step in anyone's line you might also get a good tip!

Pix:

remery--

How well do you tip?

Lmeans

Hello MiDwest Xers,

I'd definitely be interested in getting together. Chicagoland is fine. I'll keep watching this thread for details.

Elf - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
'01 Silver Touring MDX
Still love my '92 Civic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement