Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums - View Profile: Priscillababy

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Wilsoncc
    1 Week Ago - permalink
    Wilsoncc
    So Priscilla what was the verdict from your mechanic and the electrical draw?
  2. Rider83
    04-08-2019 - permalink
    Rider83
    Hey ...Just want to say thanks for tips ... I always follow the forum for making my Acura MDX 2012 up to date with modifications to my extent and i see ur comments so useful and well worthy . I am glad you stick around with with your old MDX abd will wait for the new one and will keep following you to see where you go with new one so that i can also make up my mind .... I think my love for MDX will never fade ... Only time can tell but Thanks ...I finally registered today so thought to write up to you . Just finished your reviews on DRL and i just ordered the HiPro to see if i can change it myself .....I also saw ur suggestions with wheels ...Unfortunately i never dig more and replaced my tires recently with Michelin Defender 18" or else would have gone for 20" as per ur views ...I am still thinking about wheels whether i shld go for black wheels of some company or save the money and Dip paint them myself since weather is now getting better ....open for suggestions ...

Thanks
    Simrat
  3. Wilsoncc
    12-23-2018 - permalink
    Wilsoncc
    Any chance you can chime in and post your Driving light experience and narrowing down to two halogen bulbs advise the led lights you tried that were garbage etc. might help out.

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-sec...ml#post1477204

Thank you Merry Christmas.

Chris aka wilsoncc
  4. Yumitori
    04-25-2018 - permalink
    Yumitori
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the contributions you have made to this forum.
    BTW, I am trying to see if I can get the China MDX taillights. According the system, we have them stocked here in Torrance, CA. I just have to get out to the warehouse and verify they are the correct ones.
  5. tredog00802
    05-20-2017 - permalink
    tredog00802
    C.f.Sorry for sending u so much message but i really don't know how to do much on this site. U can post the pics on the gallery thread of my jeep. I load the pics in my album. I sent u a private message to but i learn how to upload the pics to my album. Thx u.
  6. thegazelle
    03-29-2017 - permalink
    thegazelle
    It is too bad in Canada that we only have two choices on trim and if you want the power liftgate (didn't matter to me) or the RES (which does natter to me), it must be an Elite model with ADS. Which is a bummer. I am 100% certain if/when the front shocks go I will replace with regular shocks and find a way to kill off the ADS message, though I will try going to the dealership first.

So I must ask - why this hatred of the dealership? I can understand it to a degree and I don't like them either, but just curious whether one or two or more experiences really cemented the perception of them. I know they rip off on everything on my 04 they said to replace the NAV DVD drive was $6400.00 Cdn. (probably around $5000.00 US). I got Alpine USA to fix it for $458.00 Cdn. + shipping + taxes.

I am thinking of keeping the 04 for my 14-year-old for when he learns how to drive in less than two years.
  7. thegazelle
    03-29-2017 - permalink
    thegazelle
    So I got a USA Spec Bluetooth adapter on eBay yesterday for the 08. I am shocked that it does not come with bluetooth music streaming. Since my daughter helped me install it last week, it has been non-stop tunes. I totally dig it on the 04 and thought for sure the 08 had it (my bad for not checking).

Do you get your 09 MDX rust proofed? I am planning to get my 08 rust proofed because as you may have read there was some rust on the bottom of the door, and part of the deal was the dealership would send to a body shop to sand/fill/prime/paint and then next Monday I am getting it rust proofed.

Any other advice/suggestions on the 2G MDX? I will look out for the HFL errors, though if it happened, the car battery would have drained when I test drove Monday. So that is good news and it looks like it mostly affects the 07s anyway.
  8. thegazelle
    03-29-2017 - permalink
    thegazelle
    Good for you for working towards building your mechanical knowledge. Give yourself some credit - you are an oncologist and take especial interest in how your car works. So you do break the stereotype, which is good. I am hoping my daughter does the same and I know she will.

This board is great. I actually bought the Blitzblue G2 from a member here, and also I have received a ton of advice on my 1G 04 MDX and the now 2G 08 MDX. I pick it up Friday and am so excited. I am picking up the kids from school in it. My daughter and son both know I got it, but my youngest does not. I even bought this seat protector for his child seat (he's 5) from Amazon yesterday. I have a Volvo XC90 which has ruined back seats due to the corner posts of the car seats messing up the leather. Won't happen again.
  9. thegazelle
    03-29-2017 - permalink
    thegazelle
    I guess you would never be mistaken for an advocate for the dealership. Which is good, since I don't like them either.

It is refreshing to see some honestly about the dealership. It is not like you are slagging any members here. I too enjoy some humour frequently - I had a member contact me saying that my comment about child labour in getting my 9-year-old daughter to install the Blitzblue G2 kit was not funny. They obviously don't know how easy it was to install. Plus my daughter loves taking things apart as she is extremely bright - she dismantled and replaced screens and keyboards on 15+ Blackberry Bold 9900s last year and replaced cracked screens on laptops. Kids can do a lot more than we give them credit for. So I make a funny joke about child labour...people are so politically correct.
  10. thegazelle
    03-29-2017 - permalink
    thegazelle
    I have to say, whether you are a guy or a gal, your posts completely crack me up. I am reading the one about the sticky gas pedal. It is nice to see someone admit they are a crazy speed demon type as most of us will never admit to it. But the sarcasm you have for the dealership is too funny. I don't have any of the issues with the gas pedal, but it is funny to read the response (like the one about the bulb taking 1/2 a day to change)

About Me

• About Priscillababy
    Occupation
    Oncology
  • Signature
    2009 MDX
    Tech Pkg
    Bali Blue Pearl

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago
  • Referrals: 0

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 9 of 9
  • 07J36
  • billyman32
  • Cdub
    • Cdub
  • Drift King
  • midnightMDX
  • RainGoat
  • thegazelle
  • TrevzX
  • Wilsoncc

Arcade Statistics

• Leaderboard Rank: Not ranked
  • Game Started: 0
  • Games Finished: 0
  • Time Spent Playing: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Mentions

04-04-2019
06:05 PM - AcuraMDX.MN mentioned Priscillababy in post In-Depth Off Road review of the MDX
...trend? Regarding Priscillababy 's Detroit pothole ...
02-27-2019
09:33 AM - Northof49 mentioned Priscillababy in post One thing nice about driving an older car
...otive&sr=1-4 Priscillababy, won't do you any g...
01-20-2019
07:11 PM - Priscillababy mentioned www in post Rear Left Break Issue
...m we have here www.mdxers.org- much bet...
01-15-2019
09:04 AM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post 9005 LED bulb driving light recommendations?
See Priscillababy reference for a long...
01-04-2019
12:44 PM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post 2007-2013 Acura MDX (HIGH BEAM bulb replacement) Inquiry
...to it. Your & Priscillababy experience with Sylv...
12-23-2018
12:29 PM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post Check DRL System message
...e thread started by Priscillababy regarding LEDs, it c...
11-15-2018
04:02 PM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post 9005 LED bulb driving light recommendations?
...hink was started by Priscillababy. Search that up & it...
11-12-2018
09:52 AM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post MOD's for Acura MDX 2007-2013 (updated)
Okay, Priscillababy , I originally inten...
11-02-2018
06:48 PM - RainGoat mentioned Priscillababy in post How do HIDs go?
...g to 200K so thanks Priscillababy, info stored
09-27-2018
07:29 PM - Techsuperstar mentioned Priscillababy in post Front Brakes and Rotors - OEM or Aftermarket?
...revious postors: Priscillababy -- I'm guessing you ...
08-21-2018
08:47 AM - Northof49 mentioned Priscillababy in post Smoke coming out from ONE of my '09 MDX wheels! (stuck caliper?)
Priscillababy, Did your Inde sh...
04-25-2018
11:52 AM - troye mentioned Priscillababy in post Buyer Advice: Used 2009 vs 2010 vs 2011 MDX
Priscillababy - Thanks for the rem...
12-08-2017
08:54 AM - Northof49 mentioned Priscillababy in post 17" Winter Tires on 2G MDX?
Priscillababy, Guessing these peo...
10-31-2017
11:21 AM - doubledave mentioned Priscillababy in post '10 MDX Single Cylinder Misfire - Dealer wants 9k
... these guys say. Priscillababy - the ballpark they ...
02-24-2017
06:23 PM - WilburMDX mentioned Priscillababy in post 2008 / 2017 wheels
Ok, first of all Priscillababy , I think you just h...
12-21-2016
01:07 PM - Priscillababy mentioned Acura in post Warranty extension for active dampers on US MDXs
...estly since this is Acura picking up the expen...

Quotes

05-21-2019
04:32 PM - nzone quoted Priscillababy in post This is what I carry in my X all the time
He has to carry that around as his...
05-20-2019
02:50 PM - 2011BlackUbmMDX quoted Priscillababy in post This is what I carry in my X all the time
He has to carry that around as his...
02:39 PM - Priscillababy quoted nzone in post This is what I carry in my X all the time
You are a funny dude. LOL...
05-16-2019
11:22 PM - Priscillababy quoted elvisfan in post Long service history/How Acura response to my lawyer
I had a 14 for almost 5 years...
10:27 PM - elvisfan quoted Priscillababy in post Long service history/How Acura response to my lawyer
hate to add fuel to the flame, but...
05-15-2019
04:04 PM - Priscillababy quoted techmechanic in post Smell from vents even few days after car wash
Alright so i've just ordered two ...
05-08-2019
02:19 PM - Marine One quoted Priscillababy in post My battery is dead again
Thanks!! I'm can now rest assured ...
05-07-2019
06:45 PM - Priscillababy quoted Derrick in post Smell from vents even few days after car wash
Do you spray this down the c...
03:30 PM - Derrick quoted Priscillababy in post Smell from vents even few days after car wash
*I second the motion on keeping yo...
05-06-2019
03:29 PM - Priscillababy quoted Wilsoncc in post My battery is dead again
The answer is yes it is possi...
05-05-2019
01:07 PM - Etak28 quoted Priscillababy in post Pics of 2nd Generation MDX with aftermarket rims
After about 3 years of somewhat st...
05-04-2019
05:55 PM - Priscillababy quoted Etak28 in post Pics of 2nd Generation MDX with aftermarket rims
After about 3 years of some...
05-01-2019
11:58 AM - Priscillababy quoted houg in post Alternator input opinions
wow i think they both to...
11:48 AM - Priscillababy quoted AcuraAddicted in post Alternator input opinions
Yeah, 4 V is a deep drain, that's ...
10:29 AM - AcuraAddicted quoted Priscillababy in post Alternator input opinions
and then once my 2009 MDX was actu...
10:26 AM - AcuraAddicted quoted Priscillababy in post A complete guide on diagnosing/fixing noise caused by failing drive belt tensioner
something weird going on here (tha...
08:43 AM - houg quoted Priscillababy in post Alternator input opinions
my local Acura stealership is char...
07:27 AM - Priscillababy quoted AcuraAddicted in post Alternator input opinions
Priscillababy Did you check your c...
07:03 AM - Priscillababy quoted qqzj in post A complete guide on diagnosing/fixing noise caused by failing drive belt tensioner
.....Finally my battery, ...
04-30-2019
08:03 PM - Priscillababy quoted houg in post Alternator input opinions
what is the average time ...

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
0%
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 0