Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    6 Posts
    Hey ...Just want to say thanks for tips ... I always follow the forum for making my Acura MDX 2012 up to date with modifications to my extent and i see ur comments so useful and well worthy . I am glad you stick around with with your old MDX abd will wait for the new one and will keep following you to see where you go with new one so that i can also make up my mind .... I think my love for MDX will never fade ... Only time can tell but Thanks ...I finally registered today so thought to write up to you . Just finished your reviews on DRL and i just ordered the HiPro to see if i can change it myself .....I also saw ur suggestions with wheels ...Unfortunately i never dig more and replaced my tires recently with Michelin Defender 18" or else would have gone for 20" as per ur views ...I am still thinking about wheels whether i shld go for black wheels of some company or save the money and Dip paint them myself since weather is now getting better ....open for suggestions ...

Thanks
    Simrat

· Registered
    2008 Acura MDX Sport
    102 Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the contributions you have made to this forum.
    BTW, I am trying to see if I can get the China MDX taillights. According the system, we have them stocked here in Torrance, CA. I just have to get out to the warehouse and verify they are the correct ones.

· Registered
    6 Posts
    C.f.Sorry for sending u so much message but i really don't know how to do much on this site. U can post the pics on the gallery thread of my jeep. I load the pics in my album. I sent u a private message to but i learn how to upload the pics to my album. Thx u.

· Registered
    286 Posts
    It is too bad in Canada that we only have two choices on trim and if you want the power liftgate (didn't matter to me) or the RES (which does natter to me), it must be an Elite model with ADS. Which is a bummer. I am 100% certain if/when the front shocks go I will replace with regular shocks and find a way to kill off the ADS message, though I will try going to the dealership first.

So I must ask - why this hatred of the dealership? I can understand it to a degree and I don't like them either, but just curious whether one or two or more experiences really cemented the perception of them. I know they rip off on everything on my 04 they said to replace the NAV DVD drive was $6400.00 Cdn. (probably around $5000.00 US). I got Alpine USA to fix it for $458.00 Cdn. + shipping + taxes.

I am thinking of keeping the 04 for my 14-year-old for when he learns how to drive in less than two years.

· Registered
    286 Posts
    So I got a USA Spec Bluetooth adapter on eBay yesterday for the 08. I am shocked that it does not come with bluetooth music streaming. Since my daughter helped me install it last week, it has been non-stop tunes. I totally dig it on the 04 and thought for sure the 08 had it (my bad for not checking).

Do you get your 09 MDX rust proofed? I am planning to get my 08 rust proofed because as you may have read there was some rust on the bottom of the door, and part of the deal was the dealership would send to a body shop to sand/fill/prime/paint and then next Monday I am getting it rust proofed.

Any other advice/suggestions on the 2G MDX? I will look out for the HFL errors, though if it happened, the car battery would have drained when I test drove Monday. So that is good news and it looks like it mostly affects the 07s anyway.

· Registered
    286 Posts
    Good for you for working towards building your mechanical knowledge. Give yourself some credit - you are an oncologist and take especial interest in how your car works. So you do break the stereotype, which is good. I am hoping my daughter does the same and I know she will.

This board is great. I actually bought the Blitzblue G2 from a member here, and also I have received a ton of advice on my 1G 04 MDX and the now 2G 08 MDX. I pick it up Friday and am so excited. I am picking up the kids from school in it. My daughter and son both know I got it, but my youngest does not. I even bought this seat protector for his child seat (he's 5) from Amazon yesterday. I have a Volvo XC90 which has ruined back seats due to the corner posts of the car seats messing up the leather. Won't happen again.

· Registered
    286 Posts
    I guess you would never be mistaken for an advocate for the dealership. Which is good, since I don't like them either.

It is refreshing to see some honestly about the dealership. It is not like you are slagging any members here. I too enjoy some humour frequently - I had a member contact me saying that my comment about child labour in getting my 9-year-old daughter to install the Blitzblue G2 kit was not funny. They obviously don't know how easy it was to install. Plus my daughter loves taking things apart as she is extremely bright - she dismantled and replaced screens and keyboards on 15+ Blackberry Bold 9900s last year and replaced cracked screens on laptops. Kids can do a lot more than we give them credit for. So I make a funny joke about child labour...people are so politically correct.

· Registered
    286 Posts
    I have to say, whether you are a guy or a gal, your posts completely crack me up. I am reading the one about the sticky gas pedal. It is nice to see someone admit they are a crazy speed demon type as most of us will never admit to it. But the sarcasm you have for the dealership is too funny. I don't have any of the issues with the gas pedal, but it is funny to read the response (like the one about the bulb taking 1/2 a day to change)

· Registered
    4 Posts
    Hi,

What software have you used to make the bodykits on your MDX, I have seen that you posted some pics with some custom body kits from cayenne added to an MDX...

please let me know
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…