Lowering the MDX - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread

tempting..... i was looking at 18s, but those 19's are looking good. would look odd without a drop tho.

what tire size and of course, what price? if not me, i'm sure others are interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lowering your MDX looks cool but what about tire wear? I do not recall that the rear camber on these cars are adjustable so excessive tire wear on the inner edges will occur. Did you install a camber kit in the rear?

Send a message via AIM to JL889
They come with 245/45/19 Pirelli Pzero Tires. They are Racing Hart S15 and have everything with em. No knicks nothing perfect condition. Tires have 80% of tire left on em. If you pick them up i'll sell them for $1500 with tires. If not i'll have to charge shipping fees. Lowering the X didn't cause my wear problems. the S15's were on their second set of tires after 30K miles. I had an alliangment done when I lowered it. If anyone is intrested just give me a PM or e-mail.

Joe Lau
01 Acura MDX Touring/Navi
04 Projector conversion
HID Low/Fog
Mesa Beige Metallic
Racing Hart S15 19's
Crossdrilled Rotors
MB Quarts
Kenwood KVT-911DVD
2x Kicker Solo Baric L7
2x Kicker Amps
2x Vizualogic Headrest Tv's

My lowered mdx:

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman01mdx View Post
My lowered mdx:
Did you notice any change in mileage or handling?

Does anybody know what model odyssey springs this dude used??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwasted View Post
Does anybody know what model odyssey springs this dude used??
I am few months behind, but here is a link to it on Acurazine >> https://acurazine.com/how-tos/a/acur...springs-429439

The internet is a beautiful place.

I am 100% positive that those Odyssey springs will not fit a 2011 MDX, trust me I already tried and have been a mechanic for over 20 years. I tried the Odyssey springs for 2011-2016 H&R part number 51816 and the 51815 for 2005-2008 Odyssey which the guy in the article on acurazine supposedly used and the front springs don't even come close to fitting.

See the pics below of 2 different sets I tried. If I remember correctly, the guy said he flipped the front springs upside down to make it fit better but it will not fit safely and believe me, I am all for Mcguyvering something that I really want to make fit but it wasn't even remotely close to being even half safe. The rears will fit with no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180908_105442.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	109374   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180908_105235.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	109376   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180816_101012.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	109378   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180816_102401.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	109380  

@Modded11MDX: From the link I posted, I do not see the member mentioning anything about turning it upside down. Can you elaborate on what you mean by not fitting? The height of the spring is supposed to be shorter than the OEM, but the diameter should be as OEM, to fit the cups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smufguy View Post
@Modded11MDX: From the link I posted, I do not see the member mentioning anything about turning it upside down. Can you elaborate on what you mean by not fitting? The height of the spring is supposed to be shorter than the OEM, but the diameter should be as OEM, to fit the cups.
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-2g-m...prings-927271/

It was in the acurazine forum where the guys who did the drop and a member Type S Zero who worked at acura tried to install the exact same springs but found it would not fit the top plate or the control arm if installed properly and said if you flipped the spring upside down, the top of the spring could fit in the control arm but then upside down bottom of the spring still could not fit the top plate no matter which way you tried. I know how to install springs, had nothing to do with the height. The problem is that the spring diameter is too large and where the cut part ends does not line up to fit the upper part where it sits in spring top plate. Everything is totally wrong with fitment from the springs diameter to the angle fitment of the top plate and where the spring end is cut. It doesn't even come close to fitting period.

Ps, I've been a mechanic for over 25 years. I can lift a truck to fit 44" inch tires or I can drop just about any car they make springs for. Trust me, those 2 different part numbers of H&R springs that I bought and tried won't fit a 2011 MDX no matter what period. Now that I had time to think about it, I probably could of searched for different top plates and could of probably cut the bottom of the spring to make it line up with the control arm indentation but I didn't have to time for trial and error because amazon only gives you 30 days to return an item and I had the springs for 3 weeks before I tried to install them so I was in a time crunch. I guarantee the springs for the 07 and 11 MDX are not the same so you already know the lower control arm and top plate are different as well. Either that or the those guys with the 07 who did the drop just slammed those springs in even if they don't seat properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement