blend door actuator or blend door motor? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

blend door actuator or blend door motor?

HELP!! The AC on the drivers side of my 2008 Acura MDX has been out since last August. At the time, we were living in Germany so it didn't matter since it's always cold there haha. Well now we've been stationed in Arizona and its H O T. I need to get this replaced ASAP! I have found both parts on carparts.com, but how do I know which one it is?

There is cold air on the passenger side and in the 2nd row, but the driver side blows hot/outside air.
I would rather not have to buy both, but I always could and then return the part that isn't needed.

I have read all over this forum for the last few weeks preparing to replace this part. I thought I could last a few weeks without AC on my side, but at 113* yesterday afternoon that was about my max haha! I have all the PDFs of how to take the center console off to get to the part as well.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago

If it is the drivers side that isn't working properly then the temperature control motor on the drivers side under the dash is the likely culprit. Some here have reported being able to disassemble, clean, and lube the inside components, but I have opted to just replace.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

That is what I suspected...we call this car Princess for a reason ;-) always the more expensive parts! lol!
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: