2016 MDX - All warning lights go on?? - Page 3 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread

Thank you for your due diligence. Now i have to add the hpfp onto my watch list lol ugh

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I have 2016 MDX (basic pkg) and ran into issues mentioned last week. Every single light that you mention came on. After restarting twice, they went away. Local AAA wouldn't help as there's no code on to go by. MDX is out of warranty but I did purchase extended so let's see what dealer has to say. They say they can tap into code history even though everything's reset. Will update based on their feedback.

Interesting that this thread popped up. My 17 Advance is at the dealer now. Thursday morning at start up all dash lights came on and display cycled through problems. I restarted three times and still had issue. I dropped it off at the dealer Saturday and dash lights were on the entire way. I detected no negative impact on driving the vehicle to dealer. I have loaner (19 MDX A-spec) so no rush, but will post solution.

Update: Just talked to dealer. They are replacing throttle body, and car should be ready tomorrow. I asked why that would cause all lights to come on, and was told that people have become so complacent when just a check engine light comes on that multiple lights are triggered to get driver's attention.

2017 MDX Advance, White Diamond Pearl/Espresso
2015 Mercedes S550
2019 Lexus ES300h
2000 Chevy Silverado 2500
Previous MDXs: 2001 Touring, 2005 Touring, 2011 Advance

Last edited by wasjr; 01-28-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasjr View Post
”and was told that people have become so complacent when just a check engine light comes on that multiple lights are triggered to get driver's attention”.
That sounds a lot like “we have no idea - so we’ll just tell you this”

The Check engine light always gets my attention and I happen to know when it’s a bad code that needs immediate attention the check engine light blinks for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabiputtar View Post
I have 2016 MDX (basic pkg) and ran into issues mentioned last week. Every single light that you mention came on. After restarting twice, they went away. Local AAA wouldn't help as there's no code on to go by. MDX is out of warranty but I did purchase extended so let's see what dealer has to say. They say they can tap into code history even though everything's reset. Will update based on their feedback.
Quick update...Dealer service tech indicated all cylinders misfired per their diagnostic. They kept MDX for couple of more days for additional troubleshooting and determined fuel injector malfunction. I had extended warranty so this was a covered repair. IMO they could have cleaned them as well but perhaps given warranty, they chose to replace entire set. Spark plugs looked healthy so they were not replaced (They would have been out of pocket expense given ext warranty doesn't cover routine maintenance).

Also heard of a similar case from a friend who was able to get around this by replacing all spark plugs on his almost 200K TLX. So it seems all issues center around "check engine" code which then cascades to other codes to get driver's attention. Dealer service manager also confirmed the cascade function to me.

thanks.

2015 MDX Warning lights

I have a 2015 MDX and all of the warning lights (lane departure, fwd collision, check engine, transmission,etc) started coming on randomly. The car still seems to drive fine. It first happened 2 years ago and then didn't happen again until about 1 month ago and the frequency increased a lot. The initial diagnoses was low battery voltage however after replacing the battery it started to happen again (even the same day) and got more frequent over the last month. The dealer kept it for a week and decided the problem was a faulty output shaft speed sensor and replaced that. It has been about a week and no problems since then but I was curious if this sounds legit, if anyone else has had this problem and if replacing the speed sensors resolved the problem permanently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement