Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    1,600 Posts
    the good new is that this electrical draw that was 'unique' to my MDX- I'll share more about this particular problem soon, but in summary there was an aftermarket DEI module connected to the rear fuse box of my 2009 MDX that was causing a constant 8-10 AMP draw (with car off and armed) on the battery!!! this is likely a remnant of a VIPER remote start unit that I had installed when this was new about 10 years ago (and de-activated about 5 years ago)!....*DoH*....(this was a mistake that definitely came back to bite me a decade later!).....fortunately '09 MDX is starting perfectly fine now :29:

· Registered
    486 Posts
    This is similar to my issues years ago and it turned out to be the A/C fuse relay. It to malfunctions and can put drain on the battery. Pulled similar relay fuse from other circuit to check if it was isueand sure enough it was. They have made a new improved A/C relay/fuse for the A/C circuit i guess for this exact reason. Anyhow all has been good no other electric draws other than the HFL which you say you have disconnected.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…